Incontinent sprayer

/ Incontinent sprayer #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
I have a Fimco spot sprayer, 15 gallons. It sits in my garden trailer which I pull with my riding mower.

When I release the trigger, it dribbles. And dribbles for maybe 10 seconds. As I move from spot to spot, I leave the wand in the trailer. Dribbles enough that it runs out of the trailer and leaves a little trail of dead grass.

Bought this second hand, almost new, but it has done this since I got it. It appears that it is just the spray that is between the valve & the nozzle that is dribbling out, since it eventually stops.

My old Harbor Freight unit shut off completely, but I got this because it has higher pressure & flow and the HF valve was getting tired. It never dribbled.

Is this typical of Fimco sprayers? How do I fix it?

/ Incontinent sprayer #2  
The most obvious thing to do is to give it a good shake or two before you put it up. A more expensive spray wand that has the valve closer to the nozzle will eliminate most drips. I looked quickly online for a picture of one but came up empty handed.

/ Incontinent sprayer #3  
put the end of wand up in the trailer???

/ Incontinent sprayer #4  
A new wand/valve is about 6 bucks at the farm store. Perhaps the valve just does not snap shut properly. They are made pretty cheap.

James K0UA

/ Incontinent sprayer #5  
Take it to a urologist......my neighbor had a similar problem.....dripping wand.....they gave him some pills....he's fine now!:laughing:

/ Incontinent sprayer #6  
Open up the valve and clean it out, remove the wand tip and clean it out, and blow the wand clean.

90% of the time, it's dirt or chem residue build, up slowing the valve to seat, or slight obstructions post valve.

The cheaper the wand, the cheesier the valve and seats are, and it dosn't take much gorp.

Have had excellent luck with Jacto and Berthoud wands with the brass valves.

/ Incontinent sprayer #7  
Valve is most likely not closing with force. They can be tightened fairly easily..

/ Incontinent sprayer #8  
I used to have the same problem with my hand sprayer. I found that the problem stopped when I made sure there was no air in the full length right up to the tip. To achieve this I would hold the hose and wand sloping up and open the valve until the air was driven out.

Weedpharma

/ Incontinent sprayer #9  
Have any of these posts helped with the problem??

Weedpharma

/ Incontinent sprayer
Yes, I'm sure they will help. Cleaning sounds like a good place to start. My old Harbor Freight sprayer may have needed just that, as the valve has gotten slow to close after 20 year's use. So when the Fisker leaked it seemed unlikely that cleaning was the problem--it had only a few tanks thru it. But I tried letting the valve snap shut and that helped.

So, yes I believe the cleaning suggestions are on track. Just haven't done it yet.

So thanks to all who made suggestions--right or wrong everybody was trying to help.