Increase Hydraulic Pressure?

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure? #1  

metalcaster

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
Has anyone tried to increase the hydraulic pressure on their 1500 series by adjusting the relief? When I had a 790 Deere there were shims that could be purchased from Deere and added under the relief spring to increase the pressure. I'd like to get a five hundred more pounds of lift when using the fork attachment on my loader.
I got to test a Branson 4220 at the farm and that could move a 2000# skid of feed with that. Side by side my 1538 looks to be a little longer and as wide as the Branson but the 4220 has a bit more weight. I'd like to be able to pick a skid off of a trailer and lower it to where my pallet jack can handle it.

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure? #2  
Yes and I’ve had great results. Don’t quote me on numbers but I went up nearly 10%- something like 200psi.

I have been happy with the results. But much like lifting your truck or adding horsepower to your hotrod- these things are done knowing the challenges.

I was having some trouble curling a full bucket of dirt on a project I was working on. The pressure increase fixed it on my 1538.

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure? #3  
Have you checked to see what it is now?

My Kubota was below factory spec and it made a noticeable improvement.

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure?
Yes and I致e had great results. Don稚 quote me on numbers but I went up nearly 10%- something like 200psi.

I have been happy with the results. But much like lifting your truck or adding horsepower to your hotrod- these things are done knowing the challenges.

I was having some trouble curling a full bucket of dirt on a project I was working on. The pressure increase fixed it on my 1538.

Is there an adjustment in the valve or shims to increase it? I do have a gage but have not checked it yet. Next step..

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure? #5  
Not saying don't do it, but just be aware, whilst increasing pressure will give you more lift (if the design of your equipment is built to withstand it), if something later cracks, breaks, bends or fails, just remember that it may well be caused by overloading from that increased lift. 10% extra may or may not be fine, 15~25% could be dangerous, proceed with caution. One other thing to consider, lift on a level surface, from a corresponding level surface, and place on a level surface. This will reduce he chance of one side taking excessive load.

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure? #6  
Is there an adjustment in the valve or shims to increase it? I do have a gage but have not checked it yet. Next step..

Simple adjustment- remove cap on loader control valve. It will reveal something like a 14mm jam nut and screw. Loosen the jam nut and turn the screw in to increase pressure.

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure? #7  
IMG_5987.JPG

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure?
Put the guage on it yesterday and it read 2000 psi. Service manual said the pressure should be 2205 psi. It didn't take much adjustment to get it to 2400. Have not tried the pallet of feed yet but I've noticed some improved gripping capability with the grapple. Thanks for the help RNeuman. 100td thank you for looking out for my safety.

/ Increase Hydraulic Pressure? #9  
I would love to safely increase the pressure on my 2615 with a Prince valve. Any experienced input is welcome.