Increased Ethanol %

/ Increased Ethanol % #61  
Sorry, can't resist putting this one up.

RFA - The Industry - Biorefinery Locations

Hmmm...some corn producing states seem to have a plethora of refineries.

Note, they do not indicate what refineries are actually "producing" ethanol, just which ones are completed.

Kind of makes sense to put a corn ethanol plant in a corn producing state, doesn't it?

/ Increased Ethanol % #62  
Very interesting debate fellas. I am certainly not clear on the pros or cons of ethanol but I'm more educated now because of your posts.

The only think that seems certain to me is that if we want to be more in synch with the envioronment we should find ways to be more efficient with the energy we use. Better mileage, etc.

Sorry to be a bit off topic.

/ Increased Ethanol % #63  
Very interesting debate fellas. I am certainly not clear on the pros or cons of ethanol but I'm more educated now because of your posts.

The only think that seems certain to me is that if we want to be more in synch with the envioronment we should find ways to be more efficient with the energy we use. Better mileage, etc.

Sorry to be a bit off topic.

No apology needed. Efficiency is important. You can increase efficiency by what you choose to drive and how you choose to drive it and or by batching trips so you don't make a separate trip for every errand. I have 2 diesel PU trucks, a gasser PU, a street legal dune buggy and... When I don't need the attributes of a diesel truck and just need to get from point A to B then I drive our 2004 Prius. I have averaged as good as 52.8 MPG on a tank of gas. We tend to batch our errands so we don't make a round trip to town as often. (Town being 25-28 miles away in 4 different directions.)

I'm not fanatical about mileage or running errands but I try to not be stupid about it either. I avoid gasohol as much as is practical which is nearly all the time since so many of our stations are putting out signs bragging there fuel is alcohol free.

Pat

/ Increased Ethanol % #64  
Ahh THey jsut opened anpother plant about 50 miles away. Soemone must want this stuff. the plant burning coal to cook corn can't run hard enough.

What about the juice being shipped to California for poluution control efforts. The tree huggers msut love us corn farmers for saving there air in Califronia.

Ran 50-50 blend this tank, dropped 1.7 miles per gallon. Not too bad for 67 cents off a gallon. We can't get anyhting but juiced up gas here. **** my diesel has two percent soy in it. Darn farmers are really making the cash now. You should see the combine the neighbor just bought $420,000 and he only drives it three weeks a year.

Anyone want a 1/4 of beans The submarine can't get to them. Left the fence up

/ Increased Ethanol % #65  
Danocheese; I have no problem with a farmer buying a $400,000 combine; god bless 'em. I do have a problem with the gov. subsidizing a wasteful industry that does nothing to alliviate the petroleum issue, while at the same time creating myriad issues for fuel users:mad:

/ Increased Ethanol % #67  
What is a wasteful industry? :confused:

Apparently, you haven't absorbed the gist of most of this post, at least not as well as your ethanol absorbs water. This boondoggle of the Bush (read oil man)administration does absolutely nothing to alliviate the dependance on foreign oil while causing users more than a little grief; you wouldn't expect a true oil man to pee in Exxon's Cheerios, now would ya ;) I'm not a petroleum engineer, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see through this "feel good" effort; or lack there-of :rolleyes:

/ Increased Ethanol % #68  
Apparently, you haven't absorbed the gist of most of this post, at least not as well as your ethanol absorbs water. This boondoggle of the Bush (read oil man)administration does absolutely nothing to alliviate the dependance on foreign oil while causing users more than a little grief; you wouldn't expect a true oil man to pee in Exxon's Cheerios, now would ya ;) I'm not a petroleum engineer, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see through this "feel good" effort; or lack there-of :rolleyes:

Ohhhh...It's all Bush's fault.

You're one of them, enough said.

/ Increased Ethanol % #69  
It happened on his watch, so who do you think should shoulder the blame;I voted for him the first go-round. But it makes no difference who happened to be in office, it's a bad program with no redeeming value for the American consumer and should be, hopefully,abolished :D

/ Increased Ethanol % #70  
In central Illinois (corn country) I do not know of a station that offers gas without ethanol. The state must mandate the ethanol additive or something. I have just gotten use to using it. So far no problem with any of my vehicles either on road or off road. I do use fuel stablizer in all my off road vehicles, tractors, etc.