Mid-Mount Mower Inexpensive Bagger for John Deere x 300 series

/ Inexpensive Bagger for John Deere x 300 series #1  

jknapp

Tractor
international/cub
Has anyone adapted a bagger from the 100 series John Deere to a x 300 series mower. I know that the mower deck is dimensionally different at the outlet.

/ Inexpensive Bagger for John Deere x 300 series #2  
You might want to look at the bagger system used on the old Sabre series mowers sold by JD about 10 years ago.
I had one with the bagger and I really likes the way the bags hung, very easy to get off and on. When I replaced that Sabre with my current X534 with PowerFlow bagger system I was disappointed with the way the bags are mounted. They collect clippings around the frame and even if you empty before they are near full you will still have grass clippings that will be spilled on the ground requiring you to sweep them up when you are done. With my lawn I am emptying the bags about 4 or 5 times and by the time I cam done mowing there will be enough clippings on the ground to half fill a 5 gallon bucket. With the bagger on the Sabre I would have had about a handful from cutting the same lawn.

If there was only one thing I could change on my X534 it would be that.

SNAG-0000 6-16-2013 3.41.52 PM.jpg

The bags hung from this bracket in the corner. There was nothing to collect any clippings and create a mess. I used to fill these bags to overflowing and never had a problem with them sagging, they were well built and very strong.

SNAG-0001 6-16-2013 3.48.18 PM.jpg

On my x534 each bag is supported on three sides by this frame. The top fits around the frame and directs the clippings into the bags. The ~1.5 inch ledge that is formed by the bag frame and the supports collects grass clippings adn when you remove the bag they fall to the ground. PITA even if I brush as much as possible into the bag before removing.

Anyway, rant over, my point is think about which design you choose, some are better than others.

Last edited: