Buying Advice Info on mahindra 2538

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #81  
Found this gem today. I have always been impressed with the super smooth steering of my 2538 HST, especially when the grapple is loaded with 1,500 pounds of tree trunks.

For those of you who are looking at both the Mahindar 2538 HST and the Kubota L3901, this may be of interest. Intro for about a minute and then they get into the demo. (The Kubota has many great points too to be sure, but this is just highlighting something with the Mahindra that was important to me - along with the rest of the beefy front end and tires for loader work.)

What does everyone think about the new 2545 Cab Shuttle.

I noticed one item they went cheap on Was the bucket linkage.
2545 Shuttle Cab | Mahindra

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #82  
What does everyone think about the new 2545 Cab Shuttle.

I noticed one item they went cheap on Was the bucket linkage.
2545 Shuttle Cab | Mahindra

Looks like it is last year's 2540 model with an engine rating upgrade. So it becomes the replacement... The 2540 was almost identical to this 2538 HST save for it having a touch more powerful loader, syncro shuttle instead of hydro, and a couple other touches like suspension seat. Given all that, I would say it would be an excellent tractor if you were looking for something like this 2538 HST, but preferred shuttle or needed more of a ground engaging type machine for specific use of mowing larger fields, etc... I actually really liked the suspension seat of the 2540/2545, and had one transplanted on the 2538 HST that I have. Nice smooth ride in the rough woods. Good luck!

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #83  
Looks like it is last year's 2540 model with an engine rating upgrade. So it becomes the replacement... The 2540 was almost identical to this 2538 HST save for it having a touch more powerful loader, syncro shuttle instead of hydro, and a couple other touches like suspension seat. Given all that, I would say it would be an excellent tractor if you were looking for something like this 2538 HST, but preferred shuttle or needed more of a ground engaging type machine for specific use of mowing larger fields, etc... I actually really liked the suspension seat of the 2540/2545, and had one transplanted on the 2538 HST that I have. Nice smooth ride in the rough woods. Good luck!

Wondering if the price includes the loader, as no mention of the loader on the pricing site. 2545 is not for me I have my L39 and its plenty of tractor. Great FEL & Hoe.
I'm just curious as I have a friend who wants a Cabbed TLB with some horsepower and I just can't see him spending the big money on a fancy Grand L. I think he should be looking at a Kioti, LS, or Mahindra too.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #84  
SO how is everyone installing a cup holder?
Installing a toolbox? I seem to always need an extra pin or two, cotter pins, an adjustable crescent wrench, needle nose pliers, channel locks and a small ball pein hammer. So a small tool box would be great.
What about installing front steering protection?
Wheel stem valve protectors?

Just these couple of tweeks and I'd be sold on the 2538. I put 23 hrs on one last week and loved it nimbleness/maneuverability coupled with it's strength. I only have 2.5 acres but it's a dream to work around the house, pool, and fences.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #85  
For those that have the 2538 with a backhoe... can anyone please do a quick video of attching/detaching the backhoe specificially on the 2538? I've looked all over and no one has that avaiable on video. Also, for those with the backhoe, have you felt you had to ever have filled tires if doing FEL work with the backhoe attached? The link early in the thread for the PDF specs on a backhoe isn't producing so if anyone has the specs, I'd appreciate them!

Still no ETA on mine yet... But I've started building my second mod for the tractor already... ROPS canopy!

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #86  
Cancel the video request. My tractor arrived and I was able to view in person. I have not taken delivery yet because they shipped it without a bucket for the backhoe. But the backhoe is a 10 minute or less job to take off and put on. I'd still like to know if anyone has needed to fill the rear tires when loading with the backhoe attached? I believe the backhoe is close to 1,000 lbs.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #87  
Cancel the video request. My tractor arrived and I was able to view in person. I have not taken delivery yet because they shipped it without a bucket for the backhoe. But the backhoe is a 10 minute or less job to take off and put on. I'd still like to know if anyone has needed to fill the rear tires when loading with the backhoe attached? I believe the backhoe is close to 1,000 lbs.

' Usually ', a tractor with a backhoe does not have loaded tires. But that is up to you. Again ' usually ', the hoe's weight sits well back from the rear axle and gives you plenty of stability with a load of dirt in the FEL bucket. Enjoy your new tractor...!!!!!!!!! :)

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #88  
If the bh is always attached then you will not 'need' the tires loaded, but you will notice much better traction with them loaded. I did. If you take the bh off you will want them loaded. So load them and forget them

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #89  
I'm seeking the best deal on one of these 2538's within a ~ 1,000k of me here in E KY. My nearest dealer said $20,000 w/FEL plus tax was his best price. What say others?

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #90  
I'm seeking the best deal on one of these 2538's within a ~ 1,000k of me here in E KY. My nearest dealer said $20,000 w/FEL plus tax was his best price. What say others?
\
Go with that... always best to buy local and I couldn't even beat that price... I couldn't even get within $1500 from that