info on my Hinomoto E2304

/ info on my Hinomoto E2304
Hi Springdrl
If your E2304 is the later version as I believe mine is with the three levers on the left side of the seat then I'm pretty sure the 4WD lever needs to be back to be dis-engaged. I can't say this with 100% certainty because somebody painted over the decals on my fender but the DA5220 operators manual I looked at showed it as being that way.
While we are on this subject can anybody tell me if its necessary to clutch when taking the tractor in or out of 4WD. Mine shifts pretty smoothly in and out without clutching but I'm not sure if it hurts the tranny to do that. Gerry

/ info on my Hinomoto E2304 #12  
Gerry,
Thanks for the reply.

I've been referencing a copy of the operator's manual for the Massey 1030 for information and tips with my 2304. This is what it says about controlling the 4WD.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to disengage clutch and allow all tractor motion to stop before engaging or disengaging four-wheel drive. Avoid using four-wheel drive on hard surface as the front tires "over speed" slightly as compared to rear tires to assist steering.

Let also say that my tractor doesn't have the speed in higher gears that I have seen with earlier models. For example, my friend's E280 (which appears to be precursor to the 2304) has a greater speed in the high gear range. Not sure but maybe I have a transmission issue or simply don't know which positions to use with the three shift levers near the left side of the seat.

Dan

Hi Dan Thanks for the 4WD info. I wish I could help you re: the transmission speeds. I ran mine at high speed and have to agree that its not overly fast. I find the creeper gear to be excellent though and the 4 ranges give you lots of choices. How does your friends lowest gear compare to yours? If its not as slow maybe the E2304 is just geared lower overall. Thanks again. Gerry

/ info on my Hinomoto E2304 #14  
Gerry,
I believe you hit the nail on the head. His E280 doesn't have the very low "creepping" speeds found on the 2304. I got a little seat time yesterday and confirmed that all ranges were working fine.

Thanks again.

Dan

Hi Everbody Just wondering if anybody has any advice to offer as to whether my E2304 is capable of handling round bales (around 600lbs). It has an Auto Laser loader with support rails running to the rear axle and the front axle has the supports on it also. After reading some previous posts re: the aluminum bell housing and front axle issues on these I don't want to push my luck. Thanks. Gerry