Info wanted on Kerr Jetstream or Tempest Woodboiler

/ Info wanted on Kerr Jetstream or Tempest Woodboiler #1  

slowzuki

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455, Kubota M120, Allis Chalmers 7010
I'm trying as the cold sets in to find info on the Kerr Jetstream or Tempest woodboilers. They were built from 1979 to 1997 or so. The manufacturer in Parsborro NS no longer makes them and has very little info to share on them.
Anyone with any info? I can send out a picture of one and even have a 1982 Harrowsmith article on them. The wood is top loaded into a water cooled chamber and settles into a refractory chamber where combustion takes place as it is blown thorugh a ceramic tube into the ash box then up through the heat exchanger tubes when pass through the water jacket.

Let me know! If someone has info leading to me locating one to buy (trying to stay under 500$ shipping so really eastern half of US, all on Canada is accessible at that) I would offer a finders fee if your tip leads to a purchase!

This boiler is really interesting and is based on University of Orono Maine Proffessor Richard Hill's work there in the late 1970's. He built several test models with funding from the US government during the energy crisis.

I have the pdf's of his research papers too if anyone is interested. His first models used masonry storage like the euro masonry heaters.

Thanks. Ken