Information needed Hinomoto E204

/ Information needed Hinomoto E204 #1  

edbrown

Tractor
1980 Hinomoto e204
I recently bought a Hinomoto E204. It runs good but I want maintain it better than it was. My biggest problem, this is my first tractor and I don't know the first thing about how it functions and how to maintain it. I have been looking unsuccessfully for any kind of operators manual or any publication with general information concerning this type of tractor. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
I would like to change engine oil and hydraulic fluid but I don't know what replacement filter to use. I also have another question concerning the hydraulic oil. Where do I fill / check levels? I found a dipstick and small fill cap near the gear shift but that is the gearbox, Right?

Thank you all in advance.

/ Information needed Hinomoto E204 #2  
it may be the same parts as the deutz-allis 5230. not sure. I have an allis 5020 which is the same as the hino e-23 the 5230 has the 3cyl engine.

the hydraulic fluid is the same fluid that is in the transmission sump. yours has a dipstick? handy on mine, There is plug with a square end on the right side of the transmission that is the level check plug, . it probably just has a screen for the hydraulic fluid, mine has no spin on filter, though thinking about adding that. the re-branded stuff from that era is all somewhat similar, if you can find the tractor with the same engine. got any pics?

/ Information needed Hinomoto E204
Thank you for your reply.

Having something to compare the Hinomoto too is very helpful. This is my first tractor and I want to catch up and keep up on the maintenance. It has been sitting nearly idle for 15 years and only used 3 or 4 times a year. The pics will show how neglected it was. After I put a power washer to it I will dive in with oil changes and looking for leaks etc. Any suggestions on the type of oil and the quantities would be very appreciated. I will look up those tractor models you mentioned for more information.
We moved to Arizona about a year and a half ago from Loveland CO. I noticed you are in Longmont, Great Colorado town and great restaurants. When all this pandemic is in the past, if you haven't already tried them go to Oscar Blues it was our favorite place in Longmont.

Thank you
Ed

IMG_3272.JPGIMG_3273.JPGIMG_3274.JPGIMG_3275.JPGIMG_3276.JPG

/ Information needed Hinomoto E204 #4  
i use shell rotella 1040 oil, tractor supply traveler premium hydraulic fluid in the black bucket. mine holds 5.5 gallons.

yes, we do like oscar blues. the last couple of years there have been a lot of new things opening. we also love longs peak tap house. we are in between longmont and loveland a mile or so west of 287.

you will want to load the rear tires with fluid for counterweight. looks like a good cleaning and you will have a nice little machine. i would change all the oil, and run it a bit, and change it again. dont forget the oil in the injection pump, if it is not oiled by the engine. and a rad. flush.

/ Information needed Hinomoto E204 #5  
I can supply the closest US model manuals.