Ingersoll/Case GT guys

/ Ingersoll/Case GT guys #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
Any of you guys lurking out there. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif With the talk of the Yahoo group coming over here I was wondering if any of you guys are scoping the place out. If you are, sign on and come join the fun. With spring here[HAH!], and summer on the way, it will be time to start using our tractors agen. Just for the people who don’t know me, I have two Ingersoll tractors, a 224 [my wife’s, long story/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif] and a 444. For attachments I have a plow blade, hydrovac, and a hydrosplit. If any outhers are out there come on and tell us what you got, and what you are up to?

His-Hers.jpg

/ Ingersoll/Case GT guys #2  
I have 2 448s. They have 3 point hitches and hydraulic rear PTOs. I have 12" single bottom plow, 48" double gang disc, 2 48"snowblowers, 54" front blade, hydraulic vaccumn, vaccumn wagon, and I have a 400 series chassis less engine and many parts. Motors, rearends, rear tires, and front axles.

/ Ingersoll/Case GT guys
Jim,
How does the 3hp work on these tractors? I just have a sleve hitch now, and have been thinking of getting the 3ph. Does it work indepentent of the normal hydro lift?

/ Ingersoll/Case GT guys #4  
Thanks for the warm welcome! Been looking around this site and it seems pretty easy to navigate. Read some of the posts from the various forums, seems like a nice group of people here.

I had to chuckle when you said spring is here. On the calendar only, cause I looked out the window to see several inches of condensed moisture sill on the ground.

I have 2 - 446's. One with a 3PH and hydraulics and one with a sleeve hitch. Have 2 snowblowers, rototiller, 12" SB plow, tandem 48" disk, 54" snow blade, 2 cultivators ( brinly hardy and a homemade one), and a 5' backblade.

The 3PH works off a hydraulic cylinder that you tee in at your control valve so both hydraulic lifts function at the same time. Some fellows have put in diverter valves so they can operate them independently. They had a nice photo set on this over on Yahoo. Not sure whether the photos made the cut.

Nice to be aboard.

/ Ingersoll/Case GT guys
Oh ya, I did see that at yahoo. Thanks. You will find out that there is a real good group of guys here.

/ Ingersoll/Case GT guys #6  
Paul
I went over to Yahoo and found that set of pics. It's under Tims 448 on the Casegardentractors group. I copied the one of the selector valve for all to see. I am going to attempt to attach it here. This is all new so it may not take. I hope Tim doesn't mind me bringing it over.
I like the hood on your 448. I crammed a 18 HP Onan in my 446 and had to cut out the hood and modify the mufflers to make it work. Got a couple of small mufflers (lawn mower type) on it now, so its a little loud, but it goes like a raped ape. Had the axle out of both of them to replace the overstressed carrier bolts and of course weld up the monster hole in the housing that a broken bolt head left in its wake. Put new pumps on both units also.
I probably am ready to graduate up to a larger tractor this year as I am taxing the Cases a little to much. But I don't think I'll ever get rid of them. Sturdy little units.
Your right, I think I'm going to like it here.

Attachments

• 16-125633-Selectorvalve.jpg
    16-125633-Selectorvalve.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 438
   / Ingersoll/Case GT guys #7  
THey work real good. I have a deverter valve on one. It allows me to lock either front or rear as they both use same control lever.
I forgot on my original post to say that I also have a tiller and a 3point cultivator. I also have a E Z Go truckster with hydrulic dump bed.

/ Ingersoll/Case GT guys #8  
Paul,

About a month ago I sold this beauty. Kind of regret it, but I think I need something a bit bigger for my property.

It was a 1991, with 12.5HP Briggs Vanguard Twin. Only
had 192 hours on it when I sold it. Delivered a fine cut with the RM44 deck.

Pretty tough little tractor. Too bad my local dealer stopped carrying them. Said that they were too expensive and that Ingersoll was not honoring the warranty work.

Spoke to the distributor for this area. He said that Ingersoll is alive and doing well. He was familiar with the situation with the local dealer. One of those he said, she said situations. I didn't feel like getting in the middle of it.

Regardless, I'd by another one.

Attachments

• 16-126430-75RT2.jpg
    16-126430-75RT2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 819
   / Ingersoll/Case GT guys #9  
I was wondering if any of you guys with a three point hitch on the back of your 444 could send me some dimensions and pics of it I am wanting to build one for my tractor. I would greatly appreciate the help.