initial 50 hour oil change question...

/ initial 50 hour oil change question... #1  

mbohuntr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
I have a 1533, does this model have a hydraulic suction filter screen? if so where is it, and how hard to get it out? I have a backhoe on it...going to wait a bit to change the hydraulic filter so I don't have to keep taking the hoe off and on..

Thanks,
Mike

/ initial 50 hour oil change question...
I have a 1533, does this model have a hydraulic suction filter screen? if so where is it, and how hard to get it out? I have a backhoe on it...going to wait a bit to change the hydraulic filter so I don't have to keep taking the hoe off and on..

Thanks,
Mike

Mechanic at dealer said this model does NOT have a hydrostatic suction screen.. suction

/ initial 50 hour oil change question... #3  
Mechanic at dealer said this model does NOT have a hydrostatic suction screen.. suction

I'd like to see the manual; my dealer told me that I couldn't shift my tractor (synchromesh) on the fly!

/ initial 50 hour oil change question... #4  

Thanks,
Mike

I haven't found one on my 1538 shuttle.

BTW you'll find life easier if you build a simple dolly for your backhoe. Getting the backhoe lined up and back on with it just dropped on the ground is a real PITA. At least it was for me.

/ initial 50 hour oil change question... #5  
I'd like to see the manual; my dealer told me that I couldn't shift my tractor (synchromesh) on the fly!

Which manual? From what I've seen both the owners and service manuals are pretty much useless and devoid of useful content. If anything they disagree with one another and lead to confusion.

I haven't found one on my 1538 shuttle.

BTW you'll find life easier if you build a simple dolly for your backhoe. Getting the backhoe lined up and back on with it just dropped on the ground is a real PITA. At least it was for me.

I'd like to do that, I still have to figure out how to work around the cylinder leak by, last time I used a bottle jack and lots of cuss words...

I'll have to take his word on it unless someone has a manual I can read...