Injection Pump pressure adjustment

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #1  

dadannyboy

Tractor
koiti
Does anyone know if the Injection Pump pressure can be increased on a DK-35. Thanks

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #2  
As far as I know, on mechanical systems, the injection pressure is not set at the pump. The pressure is determined by the spring load in the injector nozzle. It's best practice to have the injectors "synchronized". After a rebuild with new springs in there, there can be shims added to get them equal.
The pumpguy on this forum might be able to explain it better.

On common rail systems, there is no chance to do anything. And the pressure is in a range you don't wanna mess with.

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #3  
Common rail can probably be manipulated via programming which isn't something that can be done without the proper equipment however, the fuel on the pump for mechanical injectors can be adjusted weather it helps without doing injector work I don't know.

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #4  
I don’t understand the question.. what r u trying to achieve.??

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #5  
The way I understand it is, by adjusting the fuel delivery screw on a mechanical pump will that in turn effect horsepower?

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #7  
Or commonly called the smoke screw, turn it in till she was smoking then back off till you could live with the smoke.
One of the Deere 4430's my brother picked up was set so high that when you put a heavy load to it, hauling loaded self unloading wagons of silage up long hills you would actually get fuel misting down on you. Backed that one down quite a bit to reduce the excess fuel and smoke and she is still quite strong 30-40% over stock. It was built for "farm stock" class tractor pulling before he bought it.

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #8  
Those 404's weren't really right till they had some 'adjustment'. I had a 4320 and after that a 4430. They both ran real nice at about 160. Had to be careful of the clutch and temp gauge on the 4320.

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #9  
HP does make a lot of heat. We have 3 pulling tractors that have been slightly detuned that are used as road haulers for haylage and silage hauling. They had been repainted and reworked so look nice while doing the job. The heavier tractors can do more work but the road hauler are much faster on the road. We had one farm that when I headed home at night with the last load the 7130 Magnum 4wd which had been twisted up just a bit would have to drop clear down to 10 gear on the 18 speed on one long steep grade with the chopper and loaded wagon, the road haulers could pull it in hi all the way, they would be leaving a smoke trail the last few hundred feet of the pull and the temps would be getting up it was a good thing it leveled of when it did.

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #10  
Yup, that's what the screw should do is increase fuel but, does it increase power?