injector pump oil?

/ injector pump oil? #11  
Does the 2 cylinder in the other 1*** series also have an oil bath? I just bought a 1200 with a FEL 4x4 with 655 hours. It is in great shape, all the decals including Dealer are like new. I will have to visit the owners manual again for the oil in the injector. I thougth that the screws on the pump were just bleeder screws. I'm in the middle of changing all the fluids. I will post pictures soon.

/ injector pump oil? #12  
At the bottom of this article it starts info on 1100,1200 ,1300,I have a 1300 does it need oil also.Can you post this also.

amaxwell

/ injector pump oil? #13  
At the bottom of this article it starts info on 1100,1200 ,1300,I have a 1300 does it need oil also.Can you post this also.

amaxwell

Max,

Look at the attached PDF. The procedure is the same in " hundred " series Ford/Shibuara injector pump. They do not share engine oil for injector pump lubrication.

JC,

/ injector pump oil? #14  
Hey JC,
John here, you helped me out alot when I first got my 1700 last year, haven't been on TBN all summer being busy with work but with the short days/long nights I'm back, any way this old post really saved me today, helping me figure out how to bleed the fuel system after running her dry yesterday hauling trailer loads of leaves out to the curb.
Those old diagrams showing the bleeder screws especially the one on the pump did the trick, after fooling around with it for over an hour (incld cracking injector lines and using starting fluid) with no luck I came in and did a search and found this thread, I knew we were on the right track as soon as we opened that screw on the pump and heard all the air escaping and the fuel finally start flowing.
Unfortunately with the starting fluid, we bound up the engine and it would not crank over, so we pull started it and she came back to life, it did make some hellashis sounds until that ether was purged (just a couple of seconds)
I really like this tractor, if you remember I bought it just for the rake that came with it and planned on selling the tractor but a year and a half later I just can't seem to part with it!
Thanks again, John

/ injector pump oil? #15  
Hey JC,

Unfortunately with the starting fluid, we bound up the engine and it would not crank over, so we pull started it and she came back to life, it did make some hellashis sounds until that ether was purged (just a couple of seconds)
I really like this tractor, if you remember I bought it just for the rake that came with it and planned on selling the tractor but a year and a half later I just can't seem to part with it!
Thanks again, John

hey John,

I personally try to completely stay from diesel engine and starting fluid at all cost but that's water under bridge for now. It makes two of us. I could not be happier with my little 1700. if there were one tractor to learn stuff on is this little mule. it afforded me perfect opportunity to dig in it deep enough. I'll be buying another tractor with some bells and whistles on but will not ever part with my 1700 unless it is by natural causes:D:D. Great to hear from you.

JC,:)

/ injector pump oil? #16  
I'm mechanically inclined but new to tractors. I bought a 1700 and the injector pump is gear type positive displacement type of a pump. It puts out about 2000 Psi @ some flow?? to injectors. The governor Assembly is on the pump shaft and the pump mechanism is in a oil bath, same as crankcase. All Sihbuara SP? tractor with mechanical injector pump, there is a fill cap on top, drain on the bottom and a level hole in the middle. You Drain the oil by opening the bottom screw and then opening the top fill. when you're done , you then close the bottom hole and fill from top till oil comes out of the level hole. pretty simple. my oil was bit dirty but not at all as bad as crankcase. I think they recommend changing it every 300 hrs. my tractor has 900 hrs and I reckon never it was changed. You certainly don't want the pump run dry, would be same as engine running with no crankcase oil.

ford1700cr9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking for help on this. I have a Shibaura SD1843 and the injector pump looks very similar to the picture above. On mine, where the picture above shows the drain and level screws, there are bosses in the case but they are not drilled all the way through and not threaded (no screw/plugs). Does anyone know if the injector pump on mine uses the oil from the engine? I want to change the oil if it does not use the engine oil. I have no manual on this tractor which is a 3 cyl and have not been able to find info doing searches on here.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• inj1.JPG
    inj1.JPG
    684.7 KB · Views: 1,185
  • inj2.JPG
    inj2.JPG
    711.7 KB · Views: 669
  • inj3.JPG
    inj3.JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 546
  • inj4.JPG
    inj4.JPG
    700.9 KB · Views: 921
   / injector pump oil? #17  
   / injector pump oil? #18  
You might also see if there is any physical connection to the block for oil passage way. The pics don't show that clearly. That excludes how the injector is attached to the timing gear cover. Without a tapped hole the back plate of the injector (90 degrees to the block) can be opened up a crack to empty the oil content short of drilling and tapping hole. On my 1700 it takes exactly 2 oz of oil to fill it properly.

JC,

/ injector pump oil? #19  
Jones - thanks so much for the link, sure is strange how some have the drain plug and others don't??? As soon as I get a chance, I am going to try the straw down the fill hole to see if there is any oil in there.

JC - I will look for any way the oil might get to the pump, will take more pics if I can get the camera in there, loader brackets are in the way.

Thanks again guys, knew there sure were a bunch of smart guys on TBN!

/ injector pump oil? #20  
I'm mechanically inclined but new to tractors. I bought a 1700 and the injector pump is gear type positive displacement type of a pump. It puts out about 2000 Psi @ some flow?? to injectors. The governor Assembly is on the pump shaft and the pump mechanism is in a oil bath, same as crankcase. All Sihbuara SP? tractor with mechanical injector pump, there is a fill cap on top, drain on the bottom and a level hole in the middle. You Drain the oil by opening the bottom screw and then opening the top fill. when you're done , you then close the bottom hole and fill from top till oil comes out of the level hole. pretty simple. my oil was bit dirty but not at all as bad as crankcase. I think they recommend changing it every 300 hrs. my tractor has 900 hrs and I reckon never it was changed. You certainly don't want the pump run dry, would be same as engine running with no crankcase oil.

ford1700cr9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just changed the engine oil in my 1710. The components are nearly identical except that my tractor doesn't have threaded plugs in the drain hole or level hole as indicated by this photo. The fill plug is the same but those (other two) spaces seem to be sealed from the factory. There are indentations but nothing indicates that these spots are meant to be serviced.

Any 1710 owners have this same plug on their injector pump?
Found the solution. I just needed to read more of the thread. I ended up loosening the screws on the back plate. Black oil came out. I went ahead and removed the plate to take a peek. No gum and no damage to the gasket. Yeah me. It would have been easier when I had the filter off. I'll know next time. The plug in the level port won't budge so I will opt of the 2 ounces method of replacement.

Next comes the fuel filter.

Last edited: