Insight on buying a mini excavator vs renting

/ Insight on buying a mini excavator vs renting #281  
DBH = diameter at breast height; how you commonly rate tree size to ignore the flare in diameter down at ground level. I guess all the loggers in the olden days were buxom women or something?

Sweet, gt! You own an excavator! Damn, I am a bit jelly over here. Dig some stuff asap and share pics!

/ Insight on buying a mini excavator vs renting
I have a dealer 20 minutes away so can see what they can come up with.

Diameter breast height, seems to be a standard way of measuring log size.

/ Insight on buying a mini excavator vs renting #283  
   / Insight on buying a mini excavator vs renting #284  
I predict that you still own an excavator in 10 years.

ordered my manuals but they're not here yet. Going through servicing machine and for the life of me cannot find the cartridge hydraulic filter. Anyone know where it's located?

/ Insight on buying a mini excavator vs renting #286  
Sometimes there in the hyd tank...

Sometimes there in the hyd tank...
That's what I was starting to conclude, there's a cover with a breather on the top that has about the same diameter

That's what I was starting to conclude, there's a cover with a breather on the top that has about the same diameter
Well it wasn't under the breather one.

/ Insight on buying a mini excavator vs renting #289  
I almost purchased one last year, but I talked myself out of it. Glad I did. I’m sure all the neighbors would want me to dig holes for them...for beer.

i REALLY wish I purchased that 40’ bucket truck 2 years ago...only $10,000. Only reason I didnt was because of insurance rates on rig. I could have used that so many times over the past 2 years.

/ Insight on buying a mini excavator vs renting #290  
I almost purchased one last year, but I talked myself out of it. Glad I did. I’m sure all the neighbors would want me to dig holes for them...for beer.

i REALLY wish I purchased that 40’ bucket truck 2 years ago...only $10,000. Only reason I didnt was because of insurance rates on rig. I could have used that so many times over the past 2 years.
I regret the things I didn’t buy more than anything I bought.