Installed digital volt meter

/ Installed digital volt meter #1  

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
I didn't like not knowing what the battery / alternator status was so installed a voltmeter in the dash. There are red, yellow, and green status bars, plus a digital readout. Really easy to see with just a glance. :thumbsup::cool2:
I wish there was a quick "tap" for an oil pressure gauge....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 228
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 216
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 210
   / Installed digital volt meter #2  
I didn't like not knowing what the battery / alternator status was so installed a voltmeter in the dash. There are red, yellow, and green status bars, plus a digital readout. Really easy to see with just a glance. :thumbsup::cool2:

I like it. Good job. My tractor has a voltmeter but my Ranger and Jeep don't.

/ Installed digital volt meter #3  

There is a quick tap for the oil pressure, just tee in where the oil pressure sensor is now.

/ Installed digital volt meter
There is a quick tap for the oil pressure, just tee in where the oil pressure sensor is now.

I'll have to see where it is at. I have a sender and a Deutz oil gauge I would like to use. Hopefully there's room to tee it in.

/ Installed digital volt meter #7  
Thanks for your post. Could you tell me how you wired the gauge in please?

What circuit you used? I believe they are a two wire gauge?

There must have been a circuit close once you removed the side panel?

Thanks.

Thanks for your post. Could you tell me how you wired the gauge in please?

What circuit you used? I believe they are a two wire gauge?

There must have been a circuit close once you removed the side panel?

Thanks.

The fuse box is located on the firewall just behind where the gauge was mounted on the dash (the fuses are on the engine side, all the wires going into the fusebox are on the dash side). There was a "spare" space, so I decided to use that slot for attachment. I just used a "spade" electrical connector on the positive wire on the gauge and plugged it in that slot (the power 'in' side)(where all the wires go into the fusebox). The negative off the gauge got attached to a nearby bolt holding a relay on the frame. Any of the ignition controlled (on when key is on, off when key is off) will work. There was a plug under the dash for a horn switch connection that I was going to use, but decided not to because I may hook up a horn.

It's a really simple hook up, if you have any more questions, just ask..... Good luck!

/ Installed digital volt meter #9  
Thanks for that.

I appreciate it. My tractor is actually a Case. It's a Farmall 60B but they come out of LS in Sth Korea. To the best of my knowledge mine is an XU5065 (it's a cabin) but painted in Case colors.

I guess that the Case specifications are a little different?

It also has a horn!

I have ordered the digital meter and I'll remove the covers and have a poke around with a multi-meter and a test light when the parts arrive.

Hopefully the wiring isn't different between the two models.

Best regards.

/ Installed digital volt meter #10  

My tractor already has a voltage meter built into the factory dash. But what I really like is this oil pressure gauge idea. How is this accomplished? I have never installed an oil pressure gauge before and would certainly love to have this.