Snow Installed Snowblower on J2023H - no hydraulics

/ Installed Snowblower on J2023H - no hydraulics #1  

Blstr88

Silver Member
Tractor
J2023H
So long story short...I removed my FEL today and installed my LS front mount snowblower.

I hooked up the hydraulic connections (4 of them, I did get the hydraulic chute control too) and gave it a shot...realized I had placed them in the wrong spots so I swapped them around so they'd be same controls as my FEL, started her up...the up/down of the snowblower seemed to work ok after a few tries, the chute angler kinda turned left a little...no right. Then after trying a little thinking I just had to get the system full of fluid now none of the 4 controls are working.

I did release all pressure and check fluid level and topped off the fluid a bit...tried again, still no luck. It seems to be full of fluid...but the dipstick does come out a little "frothy"....Im guessing its from the air thats being pushed out of the new hoses/cylinder?

Any tips to getting the air out of the system? Of course I waited until there was 6" of snow out there to get this installed....would like to get it going tonight for its maiden voyage!

/ Installed Snowblower on J2023H - no hydraulics #2  
I believe about the only way to get the air out of the hydraulics is just work it, isn't it sort of 'self bleeding'??

/ Installed Snowblower on J2023H - no hydraulics
Disregard this post...user error.

When I swapped the hydraulic connections I accidentally mixed them up, so I had the supply for both the lift/lower and chute angler together and the returns for both together....

Give me one dumb point for the day.

On a positive note...once I realized my mistake and swapped them, it worked perfectly. Snowblowed the snow last night....can't say enough good things about this unit so far. It was maybe 6" of pretty heavy snow and it tossed it aside like an old shoe. So great! I have a 1200' long driveway thats pretty narrow and one side is an uphill...so for the past few years I've been trying to plow it all off to the one drop-off side...it works, but towards the end of winter it gets very narrow and difficult to push anymore. Now with the blower Im looking forward to throwing the snow out into the woods and not dealing with the massive build up.

snowblower 2.JPG
snowblower 1.JPG

/ Installed Snowblower on J2023H - no hydraulics #4  
Disregard this post...user error.

When I swapped the hydraulic connections I accidentally mixed them up, so I had the supply for both the lift/lower and chute angler together and the returns for both together....

Give me one dumb point for the day.

On a positive note...once I realized my mistake and swapped them, it worked perfectly. Snowblowed the snow last night....can't say enough good things about this unit so far. It was maybe 6" of pretty heavy snow and it tossed it aside like an old shoe. So great! I have a 1200' long driveway thats pretty narrow and one side is an uphill...so for the past few years I've been trying to plow it all off to the one drop-off side...it works, but towards the end of winter it gets very narrow and difficult to push anymore. Now with the blower Im looking forward to throwing the snow out into the woods and not dealing with the massive build up.

View attachment 579834
View attachment 579835

:thumbsup: