installing power beyond on Deutz

/ installing power beyond on Deutz #1  

bookel

Tractor
Deutz D4006
I want to run my post driver on my tractor. I got a power beyond block for my Deutz D4006. After I got it installed and had hoses with quick connect couplings attached to the pb I cranked the tractor. It makes a whining noise like its starving for hydraulic fluid and my 3pt hitch won't lift. I shut the tractor off after a couple of seconds. Then I realized of course that the terminal block that I removed to put on the pb block creates a loop for the hydraulic fluid to return with. Then I had an idea to make a short hose to create a loop on the quick connects at the rear while I'm not using them. However, the post driver for instance, receives fluid from the pb block but it returns fluid into the hydraulic fill port and not back into the pb block. Needless to say I have no experience with hydraulics. There aren't any shops close by for me to go to so I'm on my own unless I can get some advice online. Basically I need to be able to use the post driver and the 3pt hitch at the same time, to be able to lift and lower the driver. Here's a picture of the pb block with the hoses attached. 20140721_133625.jpg

/ installing power beyond on Deutz #2  
You need a priority valve or flow divider in the circuit. A priority valve will provide a set amount of fluid to the priority circuit, maybe the post pounder, and the remaining fluid to the 3pt.

A flow control valve will feed the main circuit, the post pounder and the excess flow can go to the 3pt.

If you have 10 GPM, 8 GPM can go to the post pounder and 2 to the 3pt or any volume in between.

1/2 NPT HYD FLOW CONTROL VALVE W/RELIEF RDRS150-16

</title> endstream endobj 12 0 obj 17 endobj 13 0 obj << /Type /XObject /Subtype /Image /Name /background0 /Width 3060 /Height 3960 /BitsPerComponent 8 /Length 14 0 R /ColorSpace /DeviceRGB /Filter /DCTDecode >> stream

/ installing power beyond on Deutz
Thanks J_J. Let me see if I have my head wrapped around this correctly as far as plumbing this. I run my PB out to the in on the flow valve. The controlled flow port out to the rear quick disconnect (where the post driver is connected), and the excess flow port to the return side of my pb. Do I run the excess flow port to a T fitting on my return hose that I have running to the rear? This way if I am using another hydraulic implement that uses both the send and return at the back of the tractor I just run the flow valve with the excess flow port off. When I am using the post driver I run the excess flow port somewhere in between. Is that about it?

/ installing power beyond on Deutz #4  
If you want 3pt, you run the excess flow back to the 3pt.

The EF flow is usable fluid if you need it.

CF flow goes to the post pounder, and the post ponder return/OUT goes directly to the filler cap. You want no restriction in that line.

I finally received all of my parts and I put it together like this; Out of PB to In of flow valve (Prince RD-150-16), CF to line to run to post pounder (PP currently not connected), EF Out to quick connect line that is connected directly to the line going to the In on the PB.

I cranked my tractor, no 3pt hitch response and tractor making a whining noise, guess I'm dead heading, bad idea. I tried turning the lever on the flow valve in all positions but the situation did not change.

When I put my terminal block back in place, removing the PB, 3pt itch works fine and no unusual noises. What have I done wrong?

/ installing power beyond on Deutz #6  
You can use either the EF from the priority control valve, or use the PB from the post pounder to feed the 3pt.

If you use the post pounder PB, you will have full flow when not using the post pounder.

If you use the EF, you will feed the 3pt part of the hyd flow which is controlled by the lever on the flow control valve.

One path, pump, hyd blk, flow divider CF to post pounder, and EF to 3pt, tank.

Another path, pump, hyd blk, flow divider CF to post pounder, PB out to 3pt.

All returns go to tank.

Example: If you have 10 GPM, and flow control valve puts 8 GPM go to the post pounder, then 2 GPM is EF, excess flow and will feed the 3pt.

If you feed the 3pt with the post pounder PB port, you will have the full 10 GPM for the 3pt if the post pounder is in neutral.

Last edited:
Wait, the post driver has a PB out on it? In that case I'd like to take the flow valve out completely. This way I can run Out from tractor PB to In on PD, Out of PD PB to In on tractor PB, then dump from PD to fill port on tractor. Sound right?
I'm posting a picture of the PD valve. Can you indicate which port it the PB out from it?
20140729_140910.jpg

/ installing power beyond on Deutz #8  
Some post pounders have PB.

What brand is the post pounder.

What brand is the valve?

Valves are usually marked with letters stamped by ports.

Try and ID all the ports.

The post pounder OUT port can only go to tank.

It is a Shaver HD-10. I emailed their tech support to see if if has one.

/ installing power beyond on Deutz #10  
The newer Shaver HD-10 have a conversion plug to make the valve a PB

valve.

I believe the comes with just a plug which makes the valve a open center valve.

I believe a PB sleeve is available to make the valve a PB valve.

This valve can also be converted to closed center.

You may have an older valve.

Look at page 50 and see if your valve looks like that one.

Shaver | Model HD-10-H Post Driver