Installing RK/TYM third function valve

/ Installing RK/TYM third function valve #1  

DonRybak

Gold Member
Tractor
RK37HC
I'm in the initial stages of ordering a grapple for my RK37 and planning on installing a third function valve myself. I plan on purchasing the valve from RK since their kit is complete with all fittings, joy stick, steel lines and hydraulic hoses. Been doing a lot of video watching on YouTube of the valve installation but they were all after market from Summit and so forth. Today I finally found one that is done with the RK kit. It's done on the RK55 but should be the same steps for the RK37. It's a little long but a well done video.

Third function valve install

It's actually simplier process than I thought it would be since everything is cut to the correct lengths.

/ Installing RK/TYM third function valve #2  
Keep in mind that the in the video, the guy is installing a diverter valve and not a third function valve, even though he is calling it a third function in the title.

Not sure if you looking for the actual third function or the diverter valve.

/ Installing RK/TYM third function valve
ptsg, you're correct that it's actually a diverter valve but that's what RK sells and installs as a third function when ordered from them as an option at tractor purchase or add on at a later date. A lot of the after market valves advertised as third function are also diverters if you dig down into the specifications. From what I have found, actual true third function valves are much costlier than the diverters. For no more than I would use it I think it'd be fine for me.

/ Installing RK/TYM third function valve #4  
Oh ok. I just wanted to point that out in case you were expecting a third function valve and the guy is using a diverter valve. The installation is bit different for the third function.

As far as costs go, I don't think there is much difference. Sure the third function will be slightly more expensive due to the extra hoses and fittings needed.