Insurance for tractor and attachments

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments
Thanks. So you have a farm policy and not a inland marine policy? Who is your provider. Perhaps they service my area.

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #12  
I have a Farm & Ranch policy from State Farm. Took pictures & inventory of all the main stuff (car lift, tractors, lawn mowers, furnaces, water heater, etc.) Just paid 100% for new tankless heater, furnace repair, surge protectors, etc as a result of an electrical surge on wires across the road. (~$7k).

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #13  
My tractor is insured thru my HO policy. It took so doing that my former agent couldn’t handle as it was well above his pay grade. Totally useless and brain dead.

Called the agent at a local agency that I also had ties to with the same carrier and it was not a problem at all. I was much more concerned as the house it was at was only used 2 long weekends a month so a lot of sitting in the garage was the norm.

I don’t hire out and only use it on my property unless a friend asks for a hand then I’ll run it around the corner to his place.

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #14  
Inland Marine policies are literally for transport. You will find ignorant or unscrupulous agents who will tell you it covers your farm and equipment. That would be a half-truth.

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #15  
Inland Marine policies are literally for transport. You will find ignorant or unscrupulous agents who will tell you it covers your farm and equipment. That would be a half-truth.

Than I have the correct insurance. my tractors are stored at my daughter's farm. I have the policy for vandalism and for theft. As beautiful a area it is where she lives. its 2 miles from a very bad area that is known for both vandalism and stolen equipment. my concern was how to cover either situation. and it sounds like it's what I need to cover it in those circumstances.

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #16  
Than I have the correct insurance. my tractors are stored at my daughter's farm. I have the policy for vandalism and for theft. As beautiful a area it is where she lives. its 2 miles from a very bad area that is known for both vandalism and stolen equipment. my concern was how to cover either situation. and it sounds like it's what I need to cover it in those circumstances.
Not likely. Unless you are a business and your daughter's farm is a job site, your inland marine policy would not cover loss. They would likely seek to sue your daughter's insurance as her homeowners would cover your property stored on her land. (Typically)

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #17  
I am a business owner. and yes her place is indeed a jobsite.

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #18  
The $300 was for the year for tractor with cab loader & backhoe
and the rototiller and brushhog and land plane
The price will probably jump this year
willy

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #19  
I'm paying 687.00 a year for a tractor and attachments valued at 35k. I need to find it somewhere cheaper if possible.

/ Insurance for tractor and attachments #20  
I went through the same rodeo with my agent: "It's covered by Home owners"...but not if you leave your yard...and after HUGE Deductible...also goes against your total contents.
Bought a commercial Policy for about $500 per year covers the machine, me, liability, Property Damage, etc...no one else. Trailer had to be insured separate. This solved all my problems since I'm not "contracting out" but if I wanted to help/charge I'd be covered and mainly if it gets damaged or stolen I have protection. I won't be doing "favors" if I do use the machine outside of a handful of people...i.e. "I'm happy to help you out, but it's going to cost $200 for me to bring it over and $100 per hour to do the work..." and if they're willing to pay and I can handle it I'll still be "losing money". :)