Insurance for tractors.

/ Insurance for tractors. #11  
Tractor and skid steer are insured through American Family. Written separately from my homeowners similar to my auto policies with them. Covers use anywhere I go, liability, damage to other property etc.

How much does it cost you, if you don’t mind me asking.

/ Insurance for tractors. #12  
I insure mine because I move it between properties. without looking it up somewhere near $600.00. I have to list every attachment that might be on it even though I can't have them all on it at the same time.
Is this something you use commercially? Seems like a lot if not, I don't pay that much for my 2 on-road vehicles combined.

/ Insurance for tractors. #13  
No, they asked if I did any thing for others (for pay) and i told them no just my own properties. I feel ripped off, but I can't find it any cheeper any where else. I insure 2 wheelers, 2 snowmobiles and a Spyder for about the same money as 1 tractor.

/ Insurance for tractors. #14  
mine is covered under my commercial business policy. It is covered by inland marine, and didnt increase my existing policy much…..probably 20-25 bucks per month. But i use my tractor off of my property. It covers trailering, all implements, theft, fire, everything. $250 deductible.

/ Insurance for tractors. #16  
My tractor insurance was an additional $40 per year (with my excavator being another $40 a year on top of that) as listed on my homeowner's policy. They were listed for a specified value. It was extremely wisely spent money when my shop burned last summer. It sure hurts to be picking up the burned remains of your favourite tractor and dropping it in the scrap bin. Knowing what you're getting for it, no quesitons asked helps a little. By agreeing to specified value, it means that when lost, that's what is paid out - no depreciation. I lost an uninsured airplane and 6x6 ATV which really stung, but overall the insurance company was excellent with me, and actually paid me more than I asked for, so brand new JD 1025R replacement tractor. I understand that tractors of more than 30HP are insured differently.

Either insure it, or be prepared to put on your big boy pants and walk away without a word if you lose it - I didn't expect to have a fire!

/ Insurance for tractors. #17  
Mine runs about 3% of actual (depreciated) value or $100/year for $30k of value and is scheduled on my farm policy. Theft, casualty, rollover, and liability on or off my property. Not for hire. $1000 deductible. Auto Owners Insurance.

Last edited: