Insurance on the tractor.

/ Insurance on the tractor. #1  

bill18163

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710,BX1860,LA3940
Found out today that my tractor is not insured for it's loss if it is damaged in an accident when I am transporting it on my trailer. My auto insurance covers the trailer but not the tractor. The tractor is worth too much to just ignore this. Any input from you guys on how you have your tractors covered during transportation would help. Anyone know of specific companies that would insure just the tractor?

/ Insurance on the tractor. #2  
Ask your agent about an Inland Marine policy. It will cover your tractor while it is not on your property.

Gary

/ Insurance on the tractor. #3  
I agree with the first answer. Varies from state to state. I have a policy on my tractor. It is not much added to the policies I already had with state farm.

/ Insurance on the tractor. #4  
When I bought my tractor. The insurance policy was added on by finance company, because they don't want to have a customer lose a machine thru fire ,theft, or accident and the finance company loses out. I also have business insurance to cover it also, especially if I cause damage digging with the backhoe. Business insurance covers liability but I think the coverages might overlap. My agent said he could sell me the same insurance the finance company sold me, but it was under 500.00 for insurance attached to the loan. plowking