Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections?

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #21  
I’d make them sign a waiver that they are liable for any impact the drone has on the runway on my property.

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #22  
I got canceled a few years ago after an inspector looked at my home and nitpicked. I talked to an old friend from HS who is an agent and she said roughly what 2manyrocks said above. They wanted a new roof and a couple other things they could see from the ground. My agent held them off for over a year but they dropped me.

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #23  

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #24  
after a leak under my basement sink caused quite a mess, i installed the Yolink leak detector system. its WIFI, so you have to have active wifi available. i got it thru Amazon. works great. i also added freezer, refrigerator temp alarms, and added transmitters in wifes greenhouse and potting sheds. the greenhouse is 300' away from hub and works great. never drops out. can set alert levels. i installed the temp transmitters in the doors of the freezer, and one time i got an alert while i was at work. i called the wife, and she told me she was cleaning the freezer and had the door open for about 30 minutes.

Moen also offers a leak detector and a water shut off device. system is called FLO. ive installed these in cabins.

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #25  
I'm responsible for a number of residential insurance policies and a new twist is insurers requiring Leak Detection Systems should insurance be offered on home older than 30 years.

Anyone have experience with home water leak systems?

I drop irrigate and wonder if my deep drip will be seen as a leak?

The push is to avoid anything rural and anything older...

So unless you happen to be in a newer upscale subdivision the options for insurance diminish...

My Agent this morning said be aware drones are now used for periodic inspection and resulting in cancelations... vegetation, outdoor storage, exterior condition... etc.

I wonder if the JD backhoe and Dozer will become a problem or my friends outdoor range...

One friend has a magnificent oak at his home... protected by ordinance but also a problem in keeping his policy...
Sounds to me like you live in 'The State of Confusion'...

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections?
WiFi is my weak link at several locations…

Going forward Connectivity will separate the haves and have nots as everything is linked furthering AI

Sounds to me like you live in 'The State of Confusion'...
The proverb may you live in interesting times is over rated…

I’ll take simpler any day…

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #28  
I got canceled a few years ago after an inspector looked at my home and nitpicked. I talked to an old friend from HS who is an agent and she said roughly what 2manyrocks said above. They wanted a new roof and a couple other things they could see from the ground. My agent held them off for over a year but they dropped me.
Got a feeling that might be in my future too. Had an insurance inspection late summer (in person, no drone that I'm aware of), about a month later got a couple confusing letters from the insurance company. Called my agent, one of the letters had to do with the inspector noticing my wood pile and having concerns about a woodstove (which I do have). Oddly, the insurance company was good with having one in the house as long it was properly installed, but not in my garage/workshop.
The other had something to do with observed dry rot...the agent didn't know what that was all about either, and said she'd check with the company that did the inspection. Haven't heard back yet. There was a comment that I could be on the "non renew" list if the latter wasn't addressed by 2025. We'll see, have no idea what he was talking about. The house is ~200 years old.
WiFi is my weak link at several locations…

Going forward Connectivity will separate the haves and have nots as everything is linked furthering AI
I'm a little confused here. Is your insurance company penalizing customers who don't have wifi?

If a required system such as leak detection or security or freeze alarm or smart thermostat requires internet it's a problem.

My Internet is through my phone so when I walk out the door... so does the Internet.

Had a deal on a home security system and said OK... the guy was out doing the install and then ran into a problem... he wanted to connect to my home wifi... when I said don't have he said the system won't work without it...

I pointed out the offer didn't mention wifi required and he said everyone has it and then I pointed to the rabbit ears on 54" flat screen... poor guy maybe 22-23 was in disbelief...

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #30  
I know it's foolish but part of me would be willing to go with a liability only coverage and be self insured for fire.

That doesn't seem foolish to me. In the long run, I expect to pay more in insurance premiums than I will ever receive for covered events. It only makes sense if I'm protecting against a catastrophic financial issue.

If someone owns multiple properties, having one of them destroyed might not be a catastrophe.