Interesting find in the back yard today

/ Interesting find in the back yard today #1  

KTurner

Gold Member
I was pulling the mower back to the shop to put it away and just about stepped on these, about 200' from the back door of our house. The picture with the mower is exactly as I found them.

Keith

Attachments

• IMG_7064_sm.JPG
    IMG_7064_sm.JPG
    639.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_7059_sm.JPG
    IMG_7059_sm.JPG
    753.6 KB · Views: 278
   / Interesting find in the back yard today #2  
Cool! I never have much luck finding shed antlers. I have found one small moose antler, but the mice or squirrels had chewed on it pretty good. They get covered with snow here usually not long after they are dropped.

/ Interesting find in the back yard today #3  
I have found singles, but never both sides. And the ones I found had been nibbled on quite a bit. Mice and rats {with and without the hairy tail} love the minerals in them.

Larro

/ Interesting find in the back yard today #4  
What amazes me is.... someone is mowing in February!!! :laughing:

/ Interesting find in the back yard today #5  
Clyde came back from a trek in the woods with this offering earlier in the fall.

Clyde - antler.jpg

/ Interesting find in the back yard today #6  
I wish i was mowing grass this time of year.

/ Interesting find in the back yard today #7  
I've found antlers and once a full skull with 8 points. Got it hanging on the wall. Found a dead deer in my creek a few years ago - drowned. I roped it and pulled up to an area where the scavengers could get it, but there were few squirrels around. I've seen squirrels chew up antlers. After the scavengers finished, I took the skull and cleaned it and a neighbor used it for decoration. I have all my hunters here give me their antlers if they don't want them. I cut them in short lengths and they make great dog treats.

/ Interesting find in the back yard today #9  
We check our property for sheds every spring. Have a pile of them in the garage. They might puncture tractor tires if run over.

/ Interesting find in the back yard today
What amazes me is.... someone is mowing in February!!! :laughing:

I was pruning the blueberry bushes and was going to use the mower to cut back some of the stuff that had grown up around them. But, the mower wouldn't start. Guess it hasn't woke up from hibernation yet.

This is the first I've seen/heard of anyone finding sheds in my neighborhood.