Interesting

/ Interesting #31  
Got rid of my land line, best money I never spent !:thumbsup:
Thank goodness I have internet though or my good friend the rich Nigerian prince wouldn't be able to wire all those millions to my bank account !

/ Interesting #32  
I know someone who actually got sucked into the Nigerian Prince bit, an hourly cel user who hadn't read/heard about the scam on spacebook or snaptwit.

Cost 'em ~$7k+ & took weeks to realize their mistake. :eek: ('millennials'..)

btw, I agree that texting is good for lotsa things, but IMO two old folks (ie:retired) sitting in chairs shouldn't spend 20 min tapping out where & when to meet for lunch tomorrow when 30 sec of TALK could do the same. There's a reason for the short texting acronyms/scripts in common use and I like them. Of course there's also the urge to add the last 'thank you' to a brief note. Like with what's left of my 'fighting urge' I strive to be the first to 'back away'. Takes two to tango & the other party doesn't always get a hint. :rolleyes: (same with some calls)

I'll be in the (a) seat 'in 10', so if you're breathing & not bleeding you might want to just send me me an email. :)

/ Interesting #33  
It's hard to cheat an honest person...

I know a Christian couple that simply says they are not worthy and to give the trip, prize or whatever else to a deserving family.

/ Interesting #34  
I get fishing emails almost daily with an attachment about some invoice i supposively owe. Lately they come from my own email address. Wish the lowlifes would stop, I'm waiting for the Nigerian prince to deposit my money any day now.

/ Interesting #35  
Been a huge uptick at work... maybe 30 to 40 in the spam folder and another dozen that make it past.

They all have legit looking senders... like Xerox, IBM, Microsoft, Savin, Nokia... etc... well I trash all the invoices without opening... because the Hospital doesn't do business with most and if a trash one by mistake... oh well.

Seems a real shame everything seems to get spoiled...

At least coming to work Monday morning I am no longer finding a ream of paper used to print out faxes for travel, timeshares and office supplies.

/ Interesting #36  
Yeah, and then there's the constant stream of "$50 award" emails supposedly from every store chain you ever heard of. I delete about 2 dozen of those a day.

/ Interesting #37  
Got rid of my land line, best money I never spent !:thumbsup:
Thank goodness I have internet though or my good friend the rich Nigerian prince wouldn't be able to wire all those millions to my bank account !

I kept the land line and tossed my cell into a dark hole and saved more. LOL

/ Interesting #38  
I kept the land line and tossed my cell into a dark hole and saved more. LOL

Well, I've got both landline & mobile. The landline is predominately for my ADSL+ internet connection and the mobile... well, I consider it to be a safety asset as I never leave the house to work in my workshop or on the tractor without it.

To each their own.

/ Interesting #39  
During the various Earth Quakes I have experienced... the old land line was the most reliable in my region...

I think part of the problem is the cell towers were overwhelmed and in some places power was out for more than a week... a real problem at the time.