International Trailer Corporation

/ International Trailer Corporation #1  

frankv

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 5525, Century 3045, Farmall A
Anyone heard of this trailer manufacturer? I am going to look at a 2003 used one today and can't find any information about them online...

Comparing it to a Kaufman.

It's 10k gvwr, 18' with dovetail, bumper pull utility trailer. Brakes on all four wheels.

/ International Trailer Corporation #2  
I would not worry about the brand name if it is built good. Look for quality items like dexter axles, good wiring in conduit or grommets where it goes through metal, nice lights, plenty of tie downs and the most important thing in my opinion is that the the steel that makes up the A Frame that goes up to the ball coupler extends all the way back to the first axle area. Many cheaper made trailer will only go back about a foot under the deck and will warp the trailer, make it go sway back, and cause welds to crack under time. Make sure its not under built or over built. Nothing worse than a trailer that weights so much it can not carry any real load. For example my 18' car hauler only weighs 1,300# and leaves 5,700# of weight capacity out of its 7,000# GVWR. I see ones all the time that are 2,200#+ and that is a killer for 7K car hauler.

And do not for get the price, it has to be right.

Chris

/ International Trailer Corporation #3  
For example my 18' car hauler only weighs 1,300# and leaves 5,700# of weight capacity out of its 7,000# GVWR. I see ones all the time that are 2,200#+ and that is a killer for 7K car hauler.
Thats a good point Diamondman as my old 18' trailer weighed 2500lbs. empty. It was built well but only left room for 5K load. I guess the only good side was I overloaded it several times to about 10K and it always survived it. In a way my new one is in the same boat as it weighs 4300lbs and its a 14K.

/ International Trailer Corporation #4  
Thats a good point Diamondman as my old 18' trailer weighed 2500lbs. empty. It was built well but only left room for 5K load. I guess the only good side was I overloaded it several times to about 10K and it always survived it. In a way my new one is in the same boat as it weighs 4300lbs and its a 14K.

Actually, 4,200# is the average weight of most 14K trailers I have dealt with so yours is right in the ball park. By the way it is a very nice trailer. Would love to have it.

Chris