Ireland- Places to see

/ Ireland- Places to see #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
The wife and I are headed to Ireland in two weeks for a 3 day/4 night red stag and fallow deer hunt about 50 miles southwest of Dublin in County Kildare. After our hunt, we'll have a rent car and want to set off on some site seeing and B&B's for two nights, before returning to Dublin for our final day and night.

We're looking to depart the hunting lodge on Thursday morning and plan to take a route where we would hit 2-4 attractions before ending up at the B&B before dark. The next morning we'de strike out again and end up a different B&B before dark. Saturday we'd drive back to Dublin and then tour Dublin and pub crawl, staying at a hotel in Dublin that would be convenient to the airport.

Does anyone have some recommendations for some must-see places? Any B&B recommendations? We don't want to kill ourselves with travel, but we're willing to press it and have a full day.

Recommended things to see in Dublin? Hotels in Dublin?

Thanks for any input!!

/ Ireland- Places to see #2  
Please take lots of pics and post a review of what you thought of it, my wife is Irish, and I thought that trip would be great for us as well! Thanks!

/ Ireland- Places to see #3  
Stephen's Green Hotel Dublin

I stayed at this hotel twice - very nice and not too expensive but we had a golf package. If you golf there is no better place on earth!

Shanahan's Restaurant
this is a great place to eat but expensive. It may be the best place in Ireland to eat.

The first night there we walked into a pub and a couple of locals scowled at us. We talked to one of the girls and she said "you americans are so cocky."(a few guys in our group were smoking cigars and she said we seemed confident!?
We noticed they had a guitar and asked if they knew the words to Puff the magic dragon. 5 Minutes later we were all singing it at the top of our lungs. We stayed there and hung out with them for 6 hours. We had a blast!

/ Ireland- Places to see #5  

There's a park on the coast of west central Ireland w a bunch of prehistoric ruins. Cliffs of Moer(sp?) maybe. That always looked interesting.

/ Ireland- Places to see
Thanks guys. Scott, thanks for the link to the previous thread, that gave me some good ideas. I wish we had more time to tour, but we're having to keep the trip short. It should give us a good taste and we'll travel there again someday, with a better idea of what we want to see. I'm getting pumped for the trip.

/ Ireland- Places to see #8  
I just saw this thread, but sent you an email earlier asking when you where leaving. I'm so JEALOUS!!!!!!!

Eddie