IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #1  

Furu

Veteran Member
Tractor
Any idea why my post/thread was locked? I was trying to get information and no one went off the rails. Seems kind of weird to lock a post that is not offending anyone that I could tell.

Last edited:
   / IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #2  
Not sure, but this subject of the IRS may border on politics and political agenda, which is not allowed in this forum. We normally comment about tractors, and repair issues affecting tractors. We do occasionally drift off topic into non tractor topics, but politics is not allowed.

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #3  
Perhaps it was to head off a topic that is bound to go political.

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #4  
When this occurs, there isn’t any communication with the OP? You never heard a word?

MoKelly

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #5  
Any idea whay my post/thread was locked? I was trying to get information and no one when off the rails. Seems kind of weird to lock a post that is not offending anyone that I could tell.

I read your first post the responses were not offensive. I can’t figure why it was locked.

Like any government organization the power and funding goes towards making the organization more powerful and needing more funding.

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #6  
Cheap tools and goods aren't the only things being imported from Chy-na

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2
When this occurs, there isn’t any communication with the OP? You never heard a word?

MoKelly
Never heard a thing.

I posted on this sub forum as I saw several other IRS related post in this area (rural living) and thought well let's see if anyone has had the same issue I had.

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #8  
Maybe next attempt should be "Tractors and the IRS...how I learned to stop worrying and love the taxman".

/ IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #9  
The IRS is understaffed.

The 12 million documents exposing illegal tax avoidance by the ultra-wealthy, called the Pandora Papers, succeeding the Panama Papers, shows that some significant portion of the very wealthy avoid taxes by illegally concealing billions in assets and income generated by these assets. The vastly wealthy understand understaffing the IRS is their best insurance against being discovered as tax cheats.

It is in the interest of ultra wealthy tax cheats that the middle class should be upset with the IRS. Understaffing the IRS achieves this.

It is basic to our progressive tax system that those with incomes in the top 10% fund our government through higher tax rates than the middle class. Unfortunately, some significant portion of the very wealthy shirk this obligation illegally, year after year. The IRS could provide better service and our federal and state budget deficits would be significantly less, if the IRS was better staffed on a multi-year basis.

(Republican for 56 years, since age 18)

Last edited:
   / IRS and what do they really do with all their power Attempt number 2 #10  
Tractors & equipment make great tax deductions. :) Especially when you can deduct 50% in the first year.