Is a Poly Drum legal for fuel?

/ Is a Poly Drum legal for fuel? #111  
The reason the water gets in the drum is when the top of the drum has water standing on it, when the temperate increases and and the drum expands it pushes out air. Then it cools at night and sucks in water if it is over the cap and cant draw air. To prevent this, either put the drum on it's side, or prop it up on a 2x4 with the cap on the higher side so the water drains off the top.

/ Is a Poly Drum legal for fuel? #112  
The reason the water gets in the drum is when the top of the drum has water standing on it, when the temperate increases and and the drum expands it pushes out air. Then it cools at night and sucks in water if it is over the cap and cant draw air. To prevent this, either put the drum on it's side, or prop it up on a 2x4 with the cap on the higher side so the water drains off the top.
I keep mine inside.

/ Is a Poly Drum legal for fuel? #113  
I would sure hope so since I have 12 30 gallon ones and 3 55 gallon ones.

I've been looking for an economical way to get 25-35 gallons of diesel to the house. Tired of using the 5 gallon can. 25-35 gallons will last me all summer and possibly the winter too. Of course I'd use an additive and filters and what not.
My question is............can you legally transport 35 gallons of diesel in a poly drum? Or does it have to be in a metal tank? A generic drum bought at any barrel recycler will work, but I want to know if I can get into trouble hauling it?
The smallest metal tank I have seen locally is probably 50 gallons and approx. $200+. I can get empty drums/barrels for a whole lot less than that.
I've searched the US DOT site, the Ohio DOT site, the EPA site, the Ohio Revised Code and Ohio Administrative Code. Found nothing that answers my questions.
Anyone have any ideas?

/ Is a Poly Drum legal for fuel? #114  
Jim,
There's a plastic barrel/drum recycler in town. I have yet to make it down there, but will soon.
I called that place.
$25 for a drum and $25 to ship it to me.
Got lucky and found 14 drums locally for 60 bucks for all of them.