Is a power rake the same thing as a Harley rake and is this better than a root grapple + landscape rake?

/ Is a power rake the same thing as a Harley rake and is this better than a root grapple + landscape rake? #21  

Attachments

• Boulders.jpg
    Boulders.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 81
  • More rocks.jpg
    More rocks.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 81
  • big rock.jpg
    big rock.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 80
   / Is a power rake the same thing as a Harley rake and is this better than a root grapple + landscape rake?
The TR3 looks great - but no rocks like we have in NH. I would lean towards this tool - skeleton grapple https://www.palletforks.com/skid-st...ade-skeleton-rock-grapple-rakes/RBFGGRAP.html

This is a sampling of our rock crop here in NH. That's a Cat 315L (38K pound excavator). This is why harley rakes or any rakes have a tough time here!
That's what I am leaning towards although I do like the ones with the bolt on sides that can be removed to create a deeper bucket for grappling. Either that or but a dedicated rock/skeleton bucket and a root grapple.

/ Is a power rake the same thing as a Harley rake and is this better than a root grapple + landscape rake? #23  
Curse you! Lol! Just when I thought I was networking things down a new implement pops up. This looks interesting. Just don't see how it'll do a good job getting rocks and roots or of the ground but as a replacement for a box blade and landscape rake it's an option for sure
It can pop rocks (smaller ones) loose with the scarifiers and the rake collects them. Large rocks and roots won't help, you would have to dig those. You are correct that it's a great replacement for a box blade and landscape rake, and it's awesome at seed bed prep.