Is a spike in tractor prices coming?

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #71  
The prices are now cosmic, unfortunately, and I do not know if they will become more expensive, if they get more expensive, it does not make sense to even buy a new tractor, but it must finally get cheaper and I hope it gets cheaper because I would like to buy a tractor, but not at the price that is now

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #72  
They're still building around here (mostly commercial) but residential sure slowed down, thankfully. With building materials and labor both so high the cost was approaching $300 per foot. After paying $200,000 for a lot you could end up spending $800,000 for a 2,000' house! :eek:

Ha! That would be cheap where I am from. And there is a huge shortage of housing here.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #73  
When I talked to my local Kubota dealer, I was shocked at what they wanted, and how indifferent they where ...

Eventually I stumbled across the Massy Ferguson 4707 4x4 cabbed tractor, and realized that it had everything that I wanted.
Congratulations on your purchase, Eddie!

Your story and mine are almost exactly the same. I couldn't get the time of day from two Kubota dealerships. I've enjoyed my cabbed Massey for many years now.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #74  
Congratulations on your purchase, Eddie!

Your story and mine are almost exactly the same. I couldn't get the time of day from two Kubota dealerships. I've enjoyed my cabbed Massey for many years now.
In my area, the JD dealer is the one that doesn’t seem interested in selling tractors.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #75  
They're still building around here (mostly commercial) but residential sure slowed down, thankfully. With building materials and labor both so high the cost was approaching $300 per foot. After paying $200,000 for a lot you could end up spending $800,000 for a 2,000' house! :eek:
We are having a hard time selling a well built 4 bed 3 bath 4000 sq. ft. house on 6 acres with a 3 stall stable, fenced and cross fenced for $800K. Location makes all the difference

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #76  
Location makes all the difference
You have a beautiful location there. Spent some time in Chelan; landed my plane once in Penticton, BC.

Your selling difficulty might be one of "exposure". Some realtors have affiliation in large nearby markets in addition to marketing locally. In your case, that might be Seattle, Spokane, Portland, etc. If your agent could do a little marketing of your property in those larger venues, you might land a wealthy individual or family looking to "leave," purchase a 2nd home, or a future retirement site.

I don't plan on selling, but if I ever sell my CA property, it will likely wind up being to a wealthy resident of San Francisco or the Bay Area. Lots of big money floating around there. Less likely a local buyer.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #77  
You have a beautiful location there. Spent some time in Chelan; landed my plane once in Penticton, BC.

Your selling difficulty might be one of "exposure". Some realtors have affiliation in large nearby markets in addition to marketing locally. In your case, that might be Seattle, Spokane, Portland, etc. If your agent could do a little marketing of your property in those larger venues, you might land a wealthy individual or family looking to "leave," purchase a 2nd home, or a future retirement site.

I don't plan on selling, but if I ever sell my CA property, it will likely wind up being to a wealthy resident of San Francisco or the Bay Area. Lots of big money floating around there. Less likely a local buyer.
This one isn't for sale, it's the one we left on the west side of the state. It has been on the market for 5 months, but we finally have a reasonable offer. It has a fourth bedroom but because the previous owner only put in a 3 bed septic, it has to be listed as three bedroom.