Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer?

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #11  
I had a 2006 F350 5.4l that I used to tow a 10k equipment trailer. Trailer weighed 2k, so I could put 8k on the trailer.

The truck handled it ok - not the greatest, but it got the job done.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #12  
The killer for me and a ramp trailer was my Kubota would not load with the backhoe on it without digging the backhoe into the dirt due the the approach angle. I had to have the more gentle slope of the tilt trailer.
Another factor was I have three sons who come and haul it to their place. I just thought the tilt was safer. I can also load cars on my trailer that will high center on a ramp trailer.
I bought my 7K trailer for the L2550 before I bought the IH584 with 4WD loaded tires with a weight of around 8K. I cannot safely haul it on my 7K trailer.
I will likely eventually add or replace the 7K trailer with another 10K tilt trailer.
There is a lot to consider here...... Just get what you think you need but keep in mind that it will likely not be your last trailer purchase. :)

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #13  
I have a kaufman 15K/20ft that's served me very well for 7 years. The 7K's from them should be just as good. I'm actually looking at them for a bigger gooseneck. I did upgrade to better tires as that was the biggest complaint I saw in the reviews.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #14  
A little off topic here but I once needed a bearing for my trailer and the local parts store did not have the bearing in stock so I went to the place I bought the trailer from. I put the pitted bearing on the counter and asked if they had another. The counter guy said sure and went in the back and came out with a new inner and rollers. I asked if they had the outer race and the guy said they normally did not replace the outer race........... Ok...... He went back and dug around and found a dusty outer race that was not even wrapped but looked ok.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer?
The Kaufman folks say on their website that they have a "Deluxe" version which has the kinds of things like radial tires, sealed wire harness, and closer frame spacing, but they don't offer it on the 7k version.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #16  
I believe that the only people who can answer the OP's question is somebody who knows the area he is from. There are a lot of small, independent shops who are making good trailers; they aren't known on a national level. However there also are good manufacturers with brand names, who weld up a good product. Kaufmann and PG are two who seem to know what they are doing. I am looking for something similar to what the OP wants, so have been asking myself the same questions which he posted here.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #17  
I have a kaufman 15K/20ft that's served me very well for 7 years. The 7K's from them should be just as good. I'm actually looking at them for a bigger gooseneck. I did upgrade to better tires as that was the biggest complaint I saw in the reviews.
I have a very large Kaufman GN and it has been solid. They are good quality affordable trailers, but you have to pick them up from factory or have them delivered.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #18  
I'm looking for ramps rather than tilt. It looks like most of the places around here call a trailer with slide out ramps a car hauler, and a trailer with folding ramps an equipment trailer. I've appreciated having folding ramps that also support the back of the trailer during loading, as to not pick up the back wheels of the truck when driving the tractor onto the trailer.

I'm towing with an F150 5.0L, 3.55 so if I'm being honest with the truck, it is limiting before tandem 3.5k axles are limiting.
Rear jacks take care of supporting the rear of the trailer.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #19  
I have a Diamond C 7k, 5x10 dump that has ramps and I use for equipment. It was $5,100 a couple years ago. Having a dump is really nice.

89C0E79C-21E2-4385-A839-6B8BD07A7436.jpeg

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #20  
If you can go up a little in weight -
Have you checked out Hudson Brothers? (Hickory, NC)
They have a 3.5 to LOAD CAPACITY, but it's GVWR is 8,950 lbs
I've a 5 ton (load capacity) and it seems well put together.