Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer?

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer?
With all of your suggestions I realized I should find out how much of a weight penalty there is for going with a 10k. Here are a few, realizing that these numbers may only be accurate within a hundred pounds (or maybe worse):

Rice 10k, 18':2875-2970 pounds
PJ 10k, 18': 2470 pounds
Curahee 10k, 18': 2200-2350 pounds
Triple crown 10k: 1975 pounds
Suretrack 7k, 18': 2200 pounds
Hurst 7k, 18': 2000 pounds

The Hudson that newbury talks about is 1950 empty, though my local dealer said they currently have a one year lead time, so I'd have to find one that is already made or in the pipeline.

My assumption going into shopping was that a 10k trailer was going to be heavier empty than a 7k, and that was wrong.

I am also noticing how many manufacturers and dealers don't list the empty weight. Isn't that a pretty basic thing that a buyer would want to know?

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #22  
PJ and Big Tex are two good trailer manufacturers who make quality units in all weight, size classes.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #23  
I'm thinking about picking up a similar trailer, so this thread is helpful. I would like an 18' Kaufmann but suspect that shipping would be a bit pricey.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #24  
I'm thinking about picking up a similar trailer, so this thread is helpful. I would like an 18' Kaufmann but suspect that shipping would be a bit pricey.
To Maine, you are talking close to $1,500, but they are considerably cheaper since no middle man.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer?
I sent a message to Kaufmann to ask about the empty weight and lead time for their trailers, and to confirm that they aren't willing to put the deluxe features on the smaller trailers.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #26  
I am also noticing how many manufacturers and dealers don't list the empty weight. Isn't that a pretty basic thing that a buyer would want to know?
You would think so. But I also found that issue when I was shopping for a 20' 10k. Mine weights 2600lbs and I paid $5300 from Appalachian trailer, the manufacturer. Dual brakes on dexter axles, rub rail on steak pockets and flip up ramps. It dosnt have a sealed wire harness and dosnt have LEDs. Sealed splices are very cheap and a complete LED replacement set of lites is about $60. Cheaper than they wanted.

I honestly dont like flip up ramps. They make it so I cant overhang the back of my trailer if needed. I had slide in ramps before and 80% of the time i didnt even have them on the trailer. I would just tail load my tractor or excavator with out support under the rear of the trailer. I had minimal issues in the 10yrs.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #27  
I'm checking out these guys right now. Just outside of Richmond, VA so not too far from you. They're a direct selling manufacture. I've had them spec a 10k equipment trailer but with slide out ramps instead of fold up. Empty weight on their 10k is 2400 pounds.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #28  
I bought a Fox "car hauler" 7K open flat bed trailer with pull out ramps. I haul my Yanmar SA425 tractor with implements (less than 3000 lbs all total) but I also haul 10 to 14 foot freshly fallen pine logs that are usually around 30" to 36" in diameter. Depending on the actual fitment in the trailer I usually carry 6 to 8 logs of mixed diameter. These go on my lower lot to become firewood after the proper amount of sweat equity. Don't know how much they weigh but I do know they are full of sap and heavy. The trailer works great for this type of application. 2 5/16" ball. Tandom axle with brakes on both. This isn't the rig for everyone because like tractors and implements everyone gets to buy with works for them.

/ Is Anyone Making a High Quality 7k Trailer? #29  
I sent a message to Kaufmann to ask about the empty weight and lead time for their trailers, and to confirm that they aren't willing to put the deluxe features on the smaller trailers.
What length do you need the trailer to be?