Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride?

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #21  
I'm wondering, where do the parts come from to make/assemble it?

SR
Most likely the same place that everything else does... which should make things like bearings easier to find. I have a seal on my shelf for my County Line tiller, but there's no origin on it. Most likely they buy them by the crate and just stick one in the box when somebody places an order.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #22  
Most likely the same place that everything else does... which should make things like bearings easier to find. I have a seal on my shelf for my County Line tiller, but there's no origin on it. Most likely they buy them by the crate and just stick one in the box when somebody places an order.
I'm assuming you mean everything of that same price class?

MY experience has been, the better brands cost more for a reason, they hold up better, at least that's how it's been for my purchases.

SR

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #23  

MY experience has been, the better brands cost more for a reason, they hold up better, at least that's how it's been for my purchases.

SR
Yep. But as has been mentioned several times already, they are for homeowner use. Not everybody hires out the way that you do. I'd wager many people will put less hours on a tiller or mower in 20 years than you have this year.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #24  
The OEM for County Line is usually Tarter Gate or King Kutter. It's varied over the years & what side of the country you are on. Both are decent home gamer gear. Thought they were US made. At any rate they are a notch above the cheap Chinese junk & parts are avalible for them.

Tines on my King Kutter are half the size they started as. 8 years of light occasional commercial use out of it tilling & maintaining horse arenas. I can't really complain. I'm expecting to break a tine soon, but other than greasing & clutch maintnance that will be the first major repair since I bought it.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #25  
I bet TSC requires competitive bidding on that stuff to obtain the lowest price for maximum profit. They are in business to make money last time I checked.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #26  
I'm wondering, where do the parts come from to make/assemble it?

SR
Does Land Pride make any claims as to the source of their parts? I can only find claims of final assembly in the USA.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #27  
Does Land Pride make any claims as to the source of their parts? I can only find claims of final assembly in the USA.
Not a clue, I presume domestically because the gearboxes on both my 7 foot flat shredder and my bat wing, the gearbox castings both have the 'Landpride; logo cast in and made in USA as well. I'm sure a percentage of assembly parts are offshore, how it is today. Called World Class Manufacturing....

If you want to see offshore made parts, just look under the hood of your ride...

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #28  
I have no idea; I haven't looked at a Land Pride for some time now. I've had such good luck with Woods, I've been sticking with them. I think they have the best blade attachment too, much easier to deal with than the big "through bolt" I use to have to deal with!

Where my friend works, they bought a deere MX6, a few weeks ago it sheared off the shaft that holds the blades! Things like that, are why I stick with Woods.

SR

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #29  
I was at TSC today and noticed they had country line finish mowers i have been looking at the 72 inch models it was $2,800 and they had 4 of them sitting in the parking lot.

My local dealer has zero and quoted me $4000 for a land pride but he could not get one until next year. Is the land pride worth the extra cost?

The reviews for the country line stuff is not that great.
I bought a Taylor Pittsburg about
I was at TSC today and noticed they had country line finish mowers i have been looking at the 72 inch models it was $2,800 and they had 4 of them sitting in the parking lot.

My local dealer has zero and quoted me $4000 for a land pride but he could not get one until next year. Is the land pride worth the extra cost?

The reviews for the country line stuff is not that great.
I bought a pull behind Taylor Pittsburg 72" with stump jumper about 7 years ago from a Kubota dealer in Somerset, KY for $600.00. I've got some vibration cracks on both back edges which i plan on welding back this winter. I broke the yoke twice after a pin came out on one side. After the second time I went to Lowes and bought 2 heavy duty locks. To me the yoke was attached too high and gave me very little ability to lift it in the front very far. I moved it down a couple inches.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #30  

SR
Or, companies charge higher price to give the illusion of higher quality.