Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride?

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #61  
1679238125618.png

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #62  
What exactly is a TACO wagon? I like taco's. Not fond of Fiat-Chrysler vehicles in general however.
I believe this is in reference to Stellantis North America having 90% of production occurring at the Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant in Mexico. Although Ram trucks are still assembled at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant and the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant in Michigan.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #63  
It's also a case of you don't know what you don't know. Somebody who just got their first tractor can look at a 500lbs box blade & think it's heavy duty because it's 3-4x what they could lift. Where somebody that's used one would realize it's pretty light for a 5' box blade.

It's hard to know what to even research if you don't have any base of information to start from. TBN is a good place for jumpstarting that. But often it's hard to pick up what experienced people are trying to tell you if you don't have a starting point.
Using that as a basis, Landpride (RC1872 -737 lbs) is "better" than County Line (RBRC602CL - 623 lbs) and King Kutter (72" Flex Hitch - 710 lbs), of course those are not rated for 2" like the LP. When you compare the LP to similar cutters they are lighter. Just the ones I found that cost less than the LP...Ironcraft (306 - 770 lbs), Bad Boy (6' cutter - 880 lbs), Plus, there is the Modern Ag Competitor only 715 lbs, but it uses 7g steel (3g on sides) compared to 10g for the LP.

Sometimes weight means something, sometimes it means inelegant design that has wasted weight. Btw, all of the other major competitors in that size/class are heavier than the LP (EA, Homestead, Rhino, Bushwacker, Woods...did I miss anyone?) Heck, weight to dollars, you can get an Ironcraft 1506 with a 2.5" capacity (900 lbs) for as little as $2500. Price does not equal quality and weight is not a good selling point unless it is in context.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #64  
The Taco Wagon is my 2018 Ram Power Wagon. I call it the Taco Wagon because of a story told to me by a TBNer.

The Taco Wagon was mfg at the Saltillo facility in Mexico. I was told to check under the drivers seat for taco wrappers. I was told the assemblers always throw their wrappers under the seats. He said he found wrappers under the drivers seat of his new Ram.

There were none under the seats on my new vehicle.

BTW - I have Land Pride, Rhino, Pittsburg, Wallenstein, Horst and Bush Hog implements. No Country Line. There are no Country Line dealers in this neck of the woods.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #65  
On thread, it all depends on a person's end use and severity of that use that determines the overall quality and longevity of any implement purchased. Myself, I prefer heavy duty shredders but not everyone needs that. I don't consider the County Line brand to be heavy duty, I do consider the higher end Land Pride to be heavy duty. Why I own 2, a bat wing and a pull behind flat top 84" Each have their uses.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #66  
I always noticed whatever the person owns is the best in there opinion. I have a County Line posthole digger and back blade and haven't had a problem with either. I've dug a lot of holes for myself and others and never had a problem with it. The back blade has been used for snow, dirt, and stone and even pushing trees for 20 years now and haven't had a problem with it either.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #67  
I have experience not owning the best, but what I thought would get me buy for the money. Then when it fails, I am a better informed shopper knowing what to look for for my needs. Don't you think there is a possibility JD uses the Frontier name on their outsourced product to avoid bad publicity from people who underbuy? Then, however, a person can go to Lowes and buy a lawn tractor with the John Deere brand that will lose the same transaxle everyone else uses. My King Kutter light blade was decimated by my L3710 Kubota but my King Kutter Professional blade is still used on my M5-111. So brand alone does not mean squat as most brands have varying levels of strength and durability.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #68  
My King Kutter light blade was decimated by my L3710 Kubota but my King Kutter Professional blade is still used on my M5-111. So brand alone does not mean squat as most brands have varying levels of strength and durability.
I had the same happen.
I had a light duty King Kutter rear blade, had it twisted up in 2 years.
Replaced it with a King Kutter professional series blade. Its been great for decades

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #69  
As stated above if you are a homeowner, it will be fine as long as what you’re cutting makes sense for a finish mower. Sure there are more “professional” lines from other vendors but they come at a price and it’s fine if you get to write it off one way or another. Otherwise TSC equipment is okay.

/ Is country line stuff any good compared to land pride? #70  
Guess I'm pretty much a one brand guy. I stick with Woods because it holds up over the long-term...although I am seriously considering a Landpride stump grinder.

Before I knew anything about equipment, we bought a 5' Woods bush hog. That thing ran for decades enduring all sorts of abuse. Sold it after 30 some years of hard use and, in spite of looking like crap, people still wanted it!

A lot of rear blades look very attractive and the prices are good. But I can't see how the blade tilts. The tilt is very important on my 17 yr old, rusty Woods and I wouldn't buy a blade without it. In a normal winter here, the blade sees a lot of use on both gravel and paved driveways. I run the tilt on float, if it were fixed one end of the blade or the other would frequently dig in.
Bob