Buying Advice Is JD worth the money

/ Is JD worth the money #11  
In my area of the country John Deere equipment will bring a higher resale value over all other brands. Every farmer knows JD, Case, NH, and Kubota. Most don't have the time nor do to care to research other brands. I have a 22 year old JD 770 that I have had for 13 years and it is worth a few thousand less than what I paid for it.

/ Is JD worth the money #12  
You have reason to doubt time to look about,those extra coins are just as good in your pocket than any dealer,I say go w/your gut feelings.

/ Is JD worth the money #13  
If price is your first concern, a Deere tractor may not be in your future. But when the sticker shock wears off after several months, you'll be glad you went with JD.

Well, most of us are anyway.

/ Is JD worth the money #14  
I'm surprised at the $10K difference. That would push me to other options as well. When I bought (much smaller 2 series), JD price was not much different than equivalent Kubota or New Holland. I didn't consider options like Mahindra. I'm too old and financially secure to go that route.

/ Is JD worth the money #15  
. There's a Mahindra dealer near by; I happen to notice many "new" Mahindra on the lot whereby fenders and hoods are fading and discolored badly from the sun. If you make a living as a farmer and it's all about the bottom line in having something that will do a task sans design style, fun and excitement, than I understanding value shopping. You can run all your errands in a Toyota just as well as a BMW. However, it will be more enjoyable in a BMW.
Red paint fades faster than most others, it has to do with the wavelength and UV absorption. Orange paint is similar. All this negative talk about expensive green paint is for a reason :laughing:

/ Is JD worth the money #16  
The JD dealer is only 4 miles from my place and other dealers are much further so I looked for a Deere but decided the new machines cost too much for what I want to spend and bought a 1981 JD 1840 (2440 equiv) that had been completely rebuilt for $12K including a 7 snowblower. I have picked up a few items from the dealer and it is nice to be able to readily get parts for a machine almost 40 yrs old. That money wouldn稚 have bought a new JD ride-on mower so I guess I am just cheap. I am happy with the tractor though and the support from the dealer has been excellent.

/ Is JD worth the money #17  
It wouldn't be worth more to me.
My previous tractor was a John Deere 850 and it was good.
17 years ago (2001) I was looking to replace it with a new tractor in the 30-35 HP range.
But I just felt the Kioti DK offered a lot more for the $$ at the time (vs the JD 790, 4300 and 4400) and went with a Kioti DK 35.
My Kioti DK 35 has been awesome the past 17 years (2100+ hours). Love it.

/ Is JD worth the money #18  
IMG_0294.JPGIMG_0297.JPGIMG_0282.JPGIMG_0296.JPGIMG_9989.JPGIMG_7252.JPG

455 got a Ruegg Cat 1 3pt, Revised Reverse Pedal (reverse speed goes from 2.8mph to over 5mph) and I bent the discharge shoot back today.

I’m happy with my 4320 and 455.

I think parts are a bit high sometimes but they have a big enough following that guys make better aftermarket parts.

Reverse pedal is made by a guy in Orville Ohio, Ruegg is in Navarre Ohio and makes a 3pt about twice as heavy as Deere’s plus it’s $300 cheaper.

Both my machines where bought used. 4320 had 830 hours, 455 had 1200 hours. Both had a high sticker price, resale was a fraction of new price, that being said I will be a old man (27 now) by the time I wear both out.

I also sold a 1989 318 recently, bought it to make money, paid $1400 for it, put $120 and sold it for $2500 with a rear blade that I had $250 in, so made over $700 on a 28 year old JD garden tractor.

IMG_0070.JPG

Not all JDs are home runs and last but they have a strong dealer network, very large following and they sell well off reputation.

That being said the “E” tractors seem to be more problematic with failures.

/ Is JD worth the money #19  
I am looking at a 4044R. I really like the tractor and all the ease of use. However I find the lift capacity of the FEL is about 800lbs less than the other units we are looking at. Price quote of $36K. Is it really worth 10k more than a LS, MF, Yanmar or Kabota

JD makes great products but in my opinion there is a lot of better tractors out there for less money.
I went for Kioti and have no regrets.

/ Is JD worth the money #20  
I am looking at a 4044R. I really like the tractor and all the ease of use. However I find the lift capacity of the FEL is about 800lbs less than the other units we are looking at. Price quote of $36K. Is it really worth 10k more than a LS, MF, Yanmar or Kabota

I've had a JD4300 for 16 years. Have been very pleased with it. Nevertheless you will have to pay a premium for the name. On the other hand how much is it worth to have a JD dealer near you? For me it was worth the premium.