Is new equipment really that hard to come by?

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by?
I like that GMC shortbed
This is my old 1992 that I gave to my oldest son, probably the best truck I ever owned, he still drives it everyday.

Attachments

• 20220617_162449.jpg
    20220617_162449.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 76
   / Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #52  
I've been pricing a new Kubota L6060. There are a few around, but I need remote hydraulics for the attachments I use. None of the dealers have, or can get the remote hydraulics to fit the L6060.
I test drove a cabbed L6060 yesterday. They are having difficulty selling it because they can‘t get a loader for it. Upside is I don’t won’t a loader. I’ll forgo a loader now to offset the cost of trading up from an open station.

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #53  
I test drove a cabbed L6060 yesterday. They are having difficulty selling it because they can‘t get a loader for it. Upside is I don’t won’t a loader. I’ll forgo a loader now to offset the cost of trading up from an open station.
The L6060 I am getting does not have a loader either. At this time, I need the rear remotes more than I need the loader. I already have 2 tractors with loaders and a skid steer.
I did talk to several dealers that said the same thing, that loaders are hard to get right now.
Luckily for me, the dealer I found in the Houston area says he has found 2 remotes and will install them on this tractor and can deliver it to me mid next week. Houston is about 3 hours west of me.

We are also adding a weight bracket and some weights to the front since it won’t have a loader.

That is a NICE truck! And down there if FL they probably don't rot away like up here in the salt belt.
Thank's and no sir there isn't a spot of rust on it anywhere , were fortunate that we don't have to deal with salted roads like you guys.

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #56  
Thank's and no sir there isn't a spot of rust on it anywhere , were fortunate that we don't have to deal with salted roads like you guys.
Yep. My 06 Jeep LJ is in great running condition but the body is rusting in many places. I'll keep patching it and driving it until one of us is dead.

Attachments

• 1005031358.jpg
    1005031358.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • 0417121402.jpg
    0417121402.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Yep. My 06 Jeep LJ is in great running condition but the body is rusting in many places. I'll keep patching it and driving it until one of us is dead.
Seems like by now someone would have come up with something that could be put on the roadways that would be less corrosive or either some sort of undercoating that would prevent the undercarriage and sheet metal from getting eat up by rust, years ago I heard of something called Ziebart that they put on vehicles up there but I guess it didn't work like they claimed.

/ Is new equipment really that hard to come by? #58  
I worked with a guy from OH way back in the '70's and he told me when he got a new car, he would drill holes in the rockers and every time he changed his oil, he would spray the drain oil into the rockers and also in the inner fenders. He said that was pretty common practice up that way for stopping rust.