Is RM43 the correct product?

/ Is RM43 the correct product? #1  

CMV

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST (previous LS XJ2025H, JD 500C)
I have about a 1200 sq ft area that's dirt with thin layer of pea gravel I want to keep clear of grass/weeds. I do regular glyphosate concentrate but stuff grows right back. RM43 would be just once a year & nothing grows back in that area? Or is something else better for that?

I don't care if nothing ever grows there, no pets or livestock there, nothing real close I care about like fruit trees or anything. This is the area in front of a shooting berm, I don't want to spend the $$$ to pave it, & I just want bare flat ground with pea gravel so it's easy to pick up brass.

/ Is RM43 the correct product? #2  
I use RM43 and as long as it does not rain for a few days, the product seems to last for about 3 months or so.

/ Is RM43 the correct product? #3  
Yes that would be a great product for what you describe. It is just glyphosate with imazapyr.
I would add just follow the label on rates and how to apply. This isn't a "more is better". The Imazapyr can travel through a root system and it will smoke a tree if your not careful. The RM43 is not a strong concentration but you don't want to be soaking the ground with it or using it straight near any trees or bushes you don't want to potentially harm.

/ Is RM43 the correct product? #4  
I've had good success with RM43 for keeping an area clear. 12 - 24 months usually. Great for driveway seams, etc.