Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke?

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #11  
Here are the 2024 nominations.

IMG_3034.JPG

I think the explanation in the above says it all.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke?
Diversity over everything else. There are 4-5 that deserve to be in there already.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #13  
The Dolly Parton thing seems like a joke to me. To my understanding, she recently recorded her first rock song *because* she was inducted into the HOF. That seems backwards to me.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke?
The Dolly Parton thing seems like a joke to me. To my understanding, she recently recorded her first rock song *because* she was inducted into the HOF. That seems backwards to me.
She didn't even think she deserved to be in there. Someone talked her into it so she responded with that new song. Bass ackwards 😉 Like she deserved to be in there before Boston or Dave Matthews. Joke

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #15  
   / Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #17  
Yes, it has become a joke.
Diversity the reason.
Rock n roll is Rock n roll. Not else. There have been some great performances over the years, but they have digressed.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #18  
She didn't even think she deserved to be in there. Someone talked her into it so she responded with that new song. Bass ackwards 😉 Like she deserved to be in there before Boston or Dave Matthews. Joke
..Or rock band Foreigner…
“Foreigner is one of the world's bestselling bands of all time, with worldwide sales of more than 80 million records, including 37.5 million in the US.“

Yeah but Dolly Parton the country singer.👍🏻
Makes sense

I figured out years ago, the r&r hall of fame was just a bad joke

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #19  
No pure R&R, no pure CMAHOF....it's all a jumbled up mess of political
inclusion. Music has very little to do with it. Bluegrass is one of the last remaining
holdouts of mostly pure genre (not necessarily song selection, but instruments
and vocal styles).
In agree with the OP. RRHOF should be for R&R, only. Not all this cross-over BS.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #20  
Music taste and religion, are up there on the list of causal agents for arguments. I personally like just about everything except Rap, Nortenos, Narco Corridas and Techno. I even have an album of Indonesian Gamelan music.
Taste in music is different than inducting people who aren't even rockers.