Is there a way to encourage deer to eat something?

/ Is there a way to encourage deer to eat something? #11  
Put a six foot fence around whatever you want them to eat. Deer can jump a six foot fence. My buddy put a fence like that around his garden and the deer destroyed it.

/ Is there a way to encourage deer to eat something? #12  
Fences need two layers in to deter deer if they are not tall enough.
Deer need space to jump into.

/ Is there a way to encourage deer to eat something? #13  
Unless a fence is 8' tall around here it doesn't matter how many layers you have or what the spacing is, they can get over it if they want to. The only thing that deters them here is a tall fence or a 270.

/ Is there a way to encourage deer to eat something? #14  
Around here - doesn't matter what you plant. Each and every deer will try it once. "Scary things" will only scare for a short while. We had problems with the deer in our fruit trees. Dragging down and breaking the lower limbs.

They have a particular fondness for the seed heads of the milkweed plant. I really don't know how they can stand this weed. White, sticky, bitter sap. Haven't had a single milkweed plant - here on the 80 - for over twenty years.

/ Is there a way to encourage deer to eat something? #15  
Might be simpler/easier to get a battery powered hedge trimmer and just walk the paths once and awhile to lop off the stuff growing into the trails. I do that for the pricker bush branches that grow around the edges of the yard that try to stab me when I’m mowing …..

/ Is there a way to encourage deer to eat something? #16  
Like mowing under my Russian Olive. I've severely pruned it. So I can now mow under it. However - forget to duck as you mow under - you will be reminded that the Russian O has some very sharp thorns.

/ Is there a way to encourage deer to eat something? #17  
I also prune Russian Olive and Honeysuckle. Just at ground level.