Is there an average transport cost to haul heavy machinery?

/ Is there an average transport cost to haul heavy machinery? #21  
I was wondering what the cost to move equipment locally is? Like within a 10 to 15 mile distance. Our excavators and other equipment is between 28,000 and 60,000 lbs.. Thanks for all of the responses!
In 2013 it cost $500

/ Is there an average transport cost to haul heavy machinery? #22  
if my dispatcher sent a load of 120 miles to my truck, two things would happen. One, I would call him and ask him who did I make mad, and two... I would haul the load. Not because I would want to, but because I know there was a reason for it.
The O/P should look around at some of the trucking companies near him, and see if they haul freight out to where the backhoe is stored. If it can be loaded in short order with no delays, and very short notice of when they will arrive to pick it up, you might get lucky and find a truck to bring it back to their terminal or maybe even your place if you can convince them that their will be no delays loading or unloading, that there is room for the truck and trailer to actually get to where it is stored and delivered, and there are no laws being broken. You would be surprised at the number of people who have NO CLUE as to just how much room it takes to negoiate a tractor trailer in a tight location. Got a trucker friend who owns his own truck? That might be a good way to give him a tank full of fuel in a short time.
Any truck-stops near either end? Cash on delivery to a owner operator on a weekend when he is just stuck till Monday might be the answer.
Using my own equipment versus a rental is an easy answer, as I know my equipment and there is no learning curve to getting the job done.
David from jax

/ Is there an average transport cost to haul heavy machinery? #23  
I just got my CAT 977K that I bought hauled to me. It came to just under $100 a mile!!!
I'm a little lucky that I didn't get a hotshot since the auctioneer had listed it as a 955K which was half the weight.

Ok, it was only about 8 miles away.

/ Is there an average transport cost to haul heavy machinery? #24  
I want to have a 14,500lb John Deere 410 backhoe, 120 miles, from MA to NH. Is there a rough estimate of what I could expect to pay for transport costs? Do they do it by an amount per mile?
What kind of equipment do you have to haul it? I've found local rentals are a bit of a pain with getting up to the heavier duty consumer equipment.

My utility trailer is rated at about 10,000 lbs, and I try to look for stuff that weighs less than that. Nor do I want to tow 20,000 lbs with my pickup.

You might be able to disassemble the tractor and split it into 2 loads. One load with the bucket and backhoe, and any ballast weights, and a second load with the tractor. But then unloading without assistance would be a problem.

If you want to get it shipped, then talk to some of the local equipment auctions and ask for a list of local hot shot truckers.

/ Is there an average transport cost to haul heavy machinery? #25  
if my dispatcher sent a load of 120 miles to my truck, two things would happen. One, I would call him and ask him who did I make mad, and two... I would haul the load. Not because I would want to, but because I know there was a reason for it.
The O/P should look around at some of the trucking companies near him, and see if they haul freight out to where the backhoe is stored. If it can be loaded in short order with no delays, and very short notice of when they will arrive to pick it up, you might get lucky and find a truck to bring it back to their terminal or maybe even your place if you can convince them that their will be no delays loading or unloading, that there is room for the truck and trailer to actually get to where it is stored and delivered, and there are no laws being broken. You would be surprised at the number of people who have NO CLUE as to just how much room it takes to negoiate a tractor trailer in a tight location. Got a trucker friend who owns his own truck? That might be a good way to give him a tank full of fuel in a short time.
Any truck-stops near either end? Cash on delivery to a owner operator on a weekend when he is just stuck till Monday might be the answer Flytte bedrift.
Using my own equipment versus a rental is an easy answer, as I know my equipment and there is no learning curve to getting the job done.
David from jax
thank you so much for your suggestion

/ Is there an average transport cost to haul heavy machinery? #26  
I’m paying $800 to have an over-width farm tractor shipped about 150 miles.