Is this a good deal

/ Is this a good deal
I'm on my property right now. Internet is almost non existent otherwise I'd be researching this more myself

/ Is this a good deal #12  
Based on what you've posted I would buy it and decide what to do with it afterwards. To answer your original question, yes that is a good deal. As others have pointed out if you don't keep it you should be able to sell or trade it as it sits now, and still come out ahead.
Pulleys are cheap, belts are maintenance items anyways.

/ Is this a good deal
I see the wheels alone are 100 a piece. 1 is missing completely and I think the other 3 are badly damaged.

Sometimes a good deal isnt so good.

I have to wonder what the mower cost new?

/ Is this a good deal
168 for the drive pulley that needs replacing. The parts link is super handy. Im glad I'm able to open it

/ Is this a good deal #15  
I see the wheels alone are 100 a piece. 1 is missing completely and I think the other 3 are badly damaged.

Sometimes a good deal isnt so good.

I have to wonder what the mower cost new?

The mower gets good reviews elsewhere on TBN. If you can get a 5/8" to 1/2" bushings (a piece of 1/2? copper pipe?), these $9 wheels could be made to work.

1" x 2-1/2" Solid Rubber Tire

/ Is this a good deal
The mower gets good reviews elsewhere on TBN. If you can get a 5/8" to 1/2" bushings (a piece of 1/2? copper pipe?), these $9 wheels could be made to work.

1" x 2-1/2" Solid Rubber Tire

I went back and looked at it again, its within driving distance of my tractor. I took it apart and brought it home, Im home now so I can do a better job of finding parts/info.

The second look convinced me it is in overall pretty good shape. Im in no rush for needing to use it so I figured for the 75.00 I can piece whats missing or broken over time.

Ive read its Italian made and Ive also read American made?

Ill post some more pictures. Thanks

/ Is this a good deal #18  
I used to mow my yard with a ford 1220 with a woods rm 59 , plenty of powerwith 17 gross hp. Cut lots of tall grass with it to . As long as the spindles are good you can get tires for less than 100 bucks , I would buy it .

/ Is this a good deal #19  
A post from 2011 by tillboy2001

My quick review of the First Choice / Sicma 72" finish mower

History: I went from a Bush Hog RDTH72 finish mower...then to a Frontier 72" rotary cutter....then to the First Choice 72" rear discharge finish mower (Made by Sicma, the Italian company). I had the dumb idea of getting a rotary cutter since I thought it would be better for the field. Bad move. The rotary cutter was much longer, was a pain to maneuver, dug into the ground when going through certain dips and in general, cut like crap. Sure, it's a rotary cutter so it's not going to cut like a finish mower, but I didn't realize just how bad it was compared to a finisher mower.

Anyway, after selling the Frontier rotary cutter, I picked up a First Choice 72" finish mower from Ken Sweet at Sweet Tractor in KY. Since I'm in KY and only about 3 hours away, I went down and picked it up. It fit perfectly (sideways) even with the wheels on, in the back of my F150. After using it for a few hours now, I'm very happy with it. It cuts great, is quiet and sticks to the contour of our rolling hills and dips like glue and does not scalp. I did get the add-on front anti-scalp roller too.

The only thing I'd like that this model doesn't have is a self-adjusting belt (you have to manually adjust it if it gets loose...but honestly, how often would you really need to do that?).

I put some photos in my member photos: First Choice / Sicma 72" Finish Mower - TractorByNet.com Photo Gallery

/ Is this a good deal #20  
I have one that looks just like it. Its a taylor made in italy. I dont think their made anymore. at least i dont know of anyone selling them and i cant find parts