Price Check Is this a good price? 5325

/ Is this a good price? 5325 #1  

frankv

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 5525, Century 3045, Farmall A
I am now looking at 5325 with 16 hours on it from a local JD Dealer. Still has warranty left through next spring. Also has a 542 self leveling loader on it. I don't really need another loader but could always use one that is a little stronger than the C-50 on my Century 3045.

Drove it and it drives very nice. Quite a step up from the 5075E.

They want $29,500 for it and don't think they will budge more on it.

I am not all that familiar with Deere's lineup from past years. I know the real replacement for this is the M5065 not the 5075E though and a new one of those is well beyond my budget.

/ Is this a good price? 5325
I should add that I was surprised at how loud this thing was though!

/ Is this a good price? 5325 #3  
few questions. is it 2wd or MFWD? open station, isolated open station or cab? which transmission does it have? are the tires R-1's or R-4's? do you remember the tire size?

Ah, sorry all important points...MFWD with 16.9/30 's on rear I don't remember the fronts.
No Cab. I dont no the difference between open/isolated.

4 gears/3 ranges I think. Listed as Synchro.

Looks brand new! Supposedly the previous owner had remorse that he did not buy a cab and traded it back in for one with a cab.

Started right up for me on the test drive when the new 5075E had a hard time catching an the 5055E would not start.

Also ..R1's

/ Is this a good price? 5325 #6  
Ah, sorry all important points...MFWD with 16.9/30 's on rear I don't remember the fronts.
No Cab. I dont no the difference between open/isolated.

4 gears/3 ranges I think. Listed as Synchro.

Looks brand new! Supposedly the previous owner had remorse that he did not buy a cab and traded it back in for one with a cab.

Started right up for me on the test drive when the new 5075E had a hard time catching an the 5055E would not start.

Isolated is just like a cab just no glass.

I guess then it is open station as it does not have a flat floor and shifters come from the floor rather than a console like I have seen in cab's.

/ Is this a good price? 5325 #9  
Drove it and it drives very nice. Quite a step up from the 5075E.

They want $29,500 for it and don't think they will budge more on it.

I am not all that familiar with Deere's lineup from past years. I know the real replacement for this is the M5065 not the 5075E though and a new one of those is well beyond my budget.

Hey Frank,

What can you tell me about the 5075E? I've looked at them online back have yet to find a dealer nearby that has one on the lot. I realize it's a pretty basic gear tractor but did you get a feeling one way or the other that this was a good or bad unit? Heard any scuttle about this model's performance and reliablity? At first glance, the simplicity of this tractor has gotten my attention since that's what I'm looking for these days.

Thanks Warren. I have been all over Tractorhouse and MachineFinder. My trouble is knowing if the pricing on these sites are just a pie in the sky asking price or a real bottom line numbers. Then again there are varied options to then compare against.

It seems to me it's a reasonable price from what I have seen for an almost new tractor, but I know from past history that this dealship is typically high in their pricing and not willing to deal. They won't even budge from MSRP on the new E series stuff.

CTW: I didn't get a good impression of the 5075E. First of all it had a hard time starting. It turned over eventually and then ran very rough for awhile. Eventually smoothing out as it warmed up. It was cold out but not really that bad. My Century 3045 turns over and runs a million times smoother in much colder weather. Then there was a constant wining noise, from fuel pump I assume. The gearing was alright for me and I was comfortable in the seat and layout. The three point arm stabilizers are very wimpy for a tractor with this hp. Turning radius was no where as tight as the Kubota 7040. . I wanted to like the E series as it fit my budget well, but in the end I don't think I would buy one. Perhaps I should not have driven the 5325 first :)

I personally would chose the M6040 or M7040 over it (more money) or step up to the M's.