Is this supposed to happen?

/ Is this supposed to happen?
Surely you must have some sort of chart that explains this ? Lol

When it comes to the topic of this thread, I am at the origin in this graph of the Dunning-Kruger effect -- I have no expertise in the topic and I know it.

dunning-kruger-chart.jpg

Steve

I shutdown my Chromebook for an update. After restarting, the invest link has disappeared from my original message, but the bitcoin link remains.:confused3:

Steve

EDIT Oh no!!!! The invest link has now reappeared in post #1 and this post.:shocked:

EDIT 2. It's disappeared again. I'm beginning to think the i***** word is associated with quantum physics -- observation changes its behavior.

EDIT 3 Note to self -- never again use the i***** word in a TBN post.

/ Is this supposed to happen? #14  
View attachment 558049

So, is the Chromebook system causing the problem?

Steve

Now that I come back to this thread, I see that the two test words that I posted have changed into links on my machine as well. I do not have Chromebook.

Very strange.................or maybe not. My knowledge of these types of things is very limited :)

My knowledge of these types of things is very limited :)

That makes two of us. My knowledge of these types of things is at its lower bound -- zero.:)

I don't have any problems with the links as long as TBN's ownership stands to make money from their presence.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Is this supposed to happen? #16  
FWIW...
Some of these hyperlinks like the K_ubota ones are created by a script running on this site...the others are created by google and their invasive browser and O/S...!

FWIW...
Some of these hyperlinks like the K_ubota ones are created by a script running on this site...the others are created by google and their invasive browser and O/S...!

Is there any way to tell which is which?

Steve

/ Is this supposed to happen? #18  
Is there any way to tell which is which?

Steve
If the links are known sponsors/advertisers of TBN...it's reasonable to assume they are created by TBN i.e., K_ubota etc...

on a similar note...
If your Chrome (google) book has voice search capability enabled...it is always listening even when you are not searching for anything...and will display advertisements related to whatever it hears...

/ Is this supposed to happen? #19  
View attachment 558049
So, is the Chromebook system causing the problem?
Steve
Its probably a malicious extension, can you post a screenshot of the installed extensions?
https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/2589434?hl=en said:
To remove an app or extension from your Chromebook, follow the steps below.
Uninstall an extension
Open Chrome.
Click More More and then More tools and then Extensions.
Next to the extension you want to remove, click Remove Remove an extension from Chrome.
To confirm, click Remove.
Tip: To remove an extension that's a button on the browser toolbar, right-click the button and select Remove from Chrome.
Disable an extension
To temporarily stop using an extension:
Open Chrome.
Click More More and then More tools and then Extensions.
Next to the extension you want to disable, uncheck the box next to Enabled.

FWIW...
In this case, I would suspect a malicious extension rather than Chrome.

Aaron Z

/ Is this supposed to happen? #20  
FWIW...look at the page source code for the original post and look at line 1144...see the word "autolink"
The script is hard coded into the forum software (likely a part of google advertising applications)

In this case, I would suspect a malicious extension rather than Chrome.
I would call it invasive, not necessarily malicious...but then again anything that google (and accepted third party apps) does is invasive...