Is Traveler Universal Premium Hydraulic fluid compatible with 134D fluid?

/ Is Traveler Universal Premium Hydraulic fluid compatible with 134D fluid? #1  

Jacey

Tractor
Ford 1210
I have a Ford/New Holland 1210, the Jap Trac they call it at the local tractor place. I was told it needed a hydraulic oil compatible with 134D. I'm having trouble finding that exact answer. But do see on the Label some Ford/NH can use it. Does anyone know for sure? hydraulic1.jpg

/ Is Traveler Universal Premium Hydraulic fluid compatible with 134D fluid?
Sorry, couldn't get both uploaded....hope somebody knows. I blew an o ring or something..and need to see where the problem is. Will go back with the good stuff once I'm not wasting it.

Attachments

• hydraulic2.jpg
    hydraulic2.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 135
   / Is Traveler Universal Premium Hydraulic fluid compatible with 134D fluid? #3  
Yes , I’ve used it for years in my fords

/ Is Traveler Universal Premium Hydraulic fluid compatible with 134D fluid? #4  
What is GL/API rating needed on tractor specs.... Does the intended fluids meet or exceeded those rating?.... To me the GL/API rating seems to be the only "common spec" for fluids because most tractor manufacturers seem to what you to use their "branded" product although the fluid in containers may come from same huge vat but just different labels on retail containers....

Good to hear...do you know if the Japanese ones might be any different tho? I didn't see my model listed...but it wasn't an extensive list. You wouldn't have a 1210 by any chance?

AS to the GL rating...I dunno. My mechanic won't be available to answer some of these questions until Monday

/ Is Traveler Universal Premium Hydraulic fluid compatible with 134D fluid? #7  
That dosnt have wet clutches or a wet brake so cheap fluid should be fine. If it does I would spend the $90 for 5gal on the correct stuff from the dealer. The $60 your saving on fluid may really come back to bight you if it was a wet clutch/brake system.

I found the SC 134D on the label after looking closer. I do have expensive stuff hate to waste as it drips on the ground. I don't know what a wet clutch/brake system is, but I don't think I have one. My problem looks like it may be coming from oil cooler. Not sure why but running all the implements didn't cause it to drip until several hours later when I restarted it. Then it started drooling on the ground...so at least i can see where it's coming from. Probably have to take off the bonnet?