Iseki TX1510 (Mitsubishi K3B) valve adjustment

/ Iseki TX1510 (Mitsubishi K3B) valve adjustment #1  

Ernie-32

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki TX1510F
For those of you looking ahead for information before starting this type of maintenance, every 400h, here's my experience;
Access to the adjusters is really easy, although it helps to also unwind the rubbers of the cylinderheadcover as if they were nuts, in stead of forcing them off.
Next issue is locating the marker on the crankshaft pulley that shows Cyl1 (front) is at TopDeadCenter if opposite on engine markpoint. I looked and looked and looked again, but did not succeed to find any marking on the pulley! Access to the pulley and the marker on the engine is really limited.
Next challange is overturning the engine slowly with pressure building up in cylinders. So I removed all 3 glowplugs (once disconnected I measured them at 1 Ohm resistance each, which is perfect) and lifted the rear axel while blocking one rear wheel and shifting into 3rd (high) gear to use the other wheel to push the cranckshaft around. This works pretty well.
Unfortunatley thanks to the pre-burn chamber where each glowplug and injector reside, it is not possible to let some sort of soft plastic or wooden pin down in the opening of the glowplug to determine the top position of the piston. See drawing. Taking out the injectors could have helped, but since my tractor runs very well, I don't want to disturb what seems okay.
So I watched for each set of valves to be shut and felt if both had about their maximum play. Then measured that play (.20mm still has movement, .25mm none, .30mm does not enter) for each cylinder and to my big surprise this 40 year old tractor had perfectly adjusted valves!
Reassembled the head cover (no need to replace the joint) and put back the glowplugs adding a little graphite on their threads.
Maybe someday someone somewhere finds this info usefull.

Attachments

• TDC marking on crankshaft pulley.JPG
    TDC marking on crankshaft pulley.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 162
  • glowplugs 1 Ohm resistance.jpg
    glowplugs 1 Ohm resistance.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 110
  • in and out dot25mm.jpg
    in and out dot25mm.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 102
  • easy access valve adjusters.jpg
    easy access valve adjusters.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 89
  • lifting rear, blocking one wheel.jpg
    lifting rear, blocking one wheel.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 84
  • looking top down on pulley.jpg
    looking top down on pulley.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 85
  • unreachable crankshaft pulley.jpg
    unreachable crankshaft pulley.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Glowplug removal gives no access to cilinder directly.JPG
    Glowplug removal gives no access to cilinder directly.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
   / Iseki TX1510 (Mitsubishi K3B) valve adjustment #2  
K3B eh?

This is all I have on the engine.

Attachments

• MITSUBISHI ENGINE K3B K3D K3E PARTS MANUAL MM201421.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 112
  • MITSUBISHI ENGINE K3A K3B K3C K3D K3E SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 175
   / Iseki TX1510 (Mitsubishi K3B) valve adjustment
K3B 0.849L is the number I found on my engine on the side (not near injection pump like pdf describes, but I can't look now. Just reinstalled cover plate and lots of work to do).
Thanks for the PDFs

Attachments

• K3B 0.849L engine number.JPG
    K3B 0.849L engine number.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
   / Iseki TX1510 (Mitsubishi K3B) valve adjustment #5  
I can also confirm the engine is K3B fitted in my TX2160,DSC02562 by chrismac2012, on Flickr
DSC02577 by chrismac2012, on Flickr
Have you ever looked at the PDF doc found here then?

I wish there was a document to know what Iseki's have Mitsubishi engines in them.

I wish there was a document to know what Iseki's have Mitsubishi engines in them.
Thanks for that nice background info, it indeed confirms the use of the K3B engine in Iseki TX1510F as in my case. Also great to see the confirmation the TX2160 is as good as the same tractor, mostly sold in France and differs mostly from the Tx1500-series in wheelsizes ? At least that's what I know so far, I'm clearly not an expert :)

/ Iseki TX1510 (Mitsubishi K3B) valve adjustment #7  
K3B 0.849L is the number I found on my engine on the side (not near injection pump like pdf describes, but I can't look now. Just reinstalled cover plate and lots of work to do).
Thanks for the PDFs
The engine numbers are beside the injection pump, they are covered in paint and need a rub with emery paper or a wire brush to reveal them, I thought I had a photo when I pulled my engines apart but after searching through my photos I unfortunately cant see it, I have put an arrow on my picture hopefully in the correct location, where the number is, its on a machined surface just above the governor cover. Hope thats of some help.

1683752190439.png

/ Iseki TX1510 (Mitsubishi K3B) valve adjustment #8  

No I have not, I opened them briefly yesterday but never gave them an in depth look.

/ Iseki TX1510 (Mitsubishi K3B) valve adjustment #9  
No I have not, I opened them briefly yesterday but never gave them an in depth look.
Not only does the PDF give you the history of Mitsubishi & Satoh tractors, it's a huge look up table of the various models sharing engines and in what tractor generation series.

The last page is critical. It has all of the Mitsubishi after market parts places to network. A huge plus when finding the rare item part needed.

The engine numbers are beside the injection pump, they are covered in paint and need a rub with emery paper or a wire brush to reveal them, I thought I had a photo when I pulled my engines apart but after searching through my photos I unfortunately cant see it, I have put an arrow on my picture hopefully in the correct location, where the number is, its on a machined surface just above the governor cover. Hope thats of some help.
Yes this is indeed the place the manual indicates and I had looked already several times. Now I took another effort in discovering it and INDEED THERE IT IS !!! It is only visible when the light is at an angle and taking a photo of it, is nearly impossible :)
Would have been nice if "1850" (it looks like 9850 but that is some damage) did also say anything about the manufacturing date. So this engine is the 850th K3B 0.849L-model produced in Kyoto by Mitsubishi.

Attachments

• Iseki TX1510F with Mitsubishi K3B engine number 1850.jpg
    Iseki TX1510F with Mitsubishi K3B engine number 1850.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
Last edited: