it will be here on Monday!

/ it will be here on Monday! #1  

Scratchnbell

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland 2001 TC40d
Thanks for everyones help!
I decided on a Jinma 28 Le with koyker 160 loader, box blade and post hole digger.
I think I liked the Kama(TS) 25 better but the Jinma has a bigger parts base and so I went that route.
Does anyone know how tall this this is when the ROPS is folded down? Will it fit in a standard garage?
Once again, thanks for all the input, espesially Chip and Greg.
Chip if you would have had this model I would have bought from you just from the time you have spent explaining things to me on the emails.
I hope I get one of the good ones!
Bob

/ it will be here on Monday! #2  
Congrads on your chinese tractor purchase. I hope it meets your expectations. Long weekend waiting, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

With the 284 ROPs folded down, the muffler/exhaust stack becomes the next limiting factor. On my non-LE model, it clears my garage doors. Don't remember the door height (6' 6"??), but they don't make smaller garage doors than what I have. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ it will be here on Monday! #3  
Also congratulations on your new tractor. I have the 284LE and the exhaust is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches to tall to fit through my standard 8' door but I have 1 stall with a 9' door which I use. I could measure the exhaust tonight or tomorrow and post if you want it.

Mark H

/ it will be here on Monday! #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the exhaust is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches to tall to fit through my standard 8' door but I have 1 stall with a 9' door which I use. )</font>
If you've got the OE exhaust, I think measuring would provide some needed clarification. I'm wondering if your doors aren't actually 7' and 8' respectively. I say this, because my JM254 exhaust AND canopy had plenty of clearance through my (then) 88 inch shed door. That was on the standard R1 tires too.

As luck would have it, I had to raise the header to fit the KAMA though

//greg//

/ it will be here on Monday! #5  
Bob, I'm sure Tommy will take care of you. Enjoy your tractor!

/ it will be here on Monday! #6  
My 284 will fit in my garage and I believe the doors are 7'-the ROPS won't fit though. I like my tractor fine now that the dealer sent me a new starter and solved my starting problems. Hopefully you will like your tractor too.

Bill

/ it will be here on Monday! #7  
FWIW, my garage door opening is 6' 6" high. LE models must have a taller exhaust pipe. Hacksaw will take care of that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ it will be here on Monday! #8  
Post some pictures when you put her to work.

/ it will be here on Monday! #9  
Greg,

You are right. It's been awhile since I measured and just forgot. The doors are 7' & 8'. I measured to the top of the exhaust and it's 7'.

Mark