It's a Kubota not a Ferrari!

/ It's a Kubota not a Ferrari! #1  

JonE

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710/LA401
It\'s a Kubota not a Ferrari!

I seems to me that some of you guys spend too much time waxing your tractors! Here is how they should look./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ It's a Kubota not a Ferrari!
Re: It\'s a Kubota not a Ferrari!

BTW, that last pic is a 3pt carrier that I made for firewood and etc. Here is what the front of the tractor looks like.

/ It's a Kubota not a Ferrari! #4  

Great look Jon! My truck is starting to get that outdoorsey patina, but my tractor is just too new still. How long did it take to quit washing and waxing after every outing?

Rob

/ It's a Kubota not a Ferrari! #5  

Jon,
Oh my Kubota see more than its fair share of mud and snow thru thur the year. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Kinda like the old sayin,"chrome won't get you home"but if the unit clean one can notice repairs that might be needed.

Looks like your going to have some ruts to fill in.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ It's a Kubota not a Ferrari! #6  

Jon,Isn't that loader the handiest piece of equipment you've ever owned? Gives a whole new meaning of hauling wood.

/ It's a Kubota not a Ferrari! #7  

JonE,

Nice looking carrier./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Is that an old iron fence post welded on for the side brace? Do have a picture of the business end(three point interface) of the carrier?

Yes I do like the "muddy" look on my truck as well but they do eventually get cleaned so I can get back to getting it muddy again. I don't think I'd be without the loader but the 3pt carrier is very handy as well. Sure can put a lot of ballast back there. It helps when going through "axel deep mud".
I will send some close-ups of the carrier from all angles and post them to the projects section I guess. The material I used is called Unistrut. It came out of a de-install I did at work. It is 1 5/8" square "U" channel about 1/8" steel. Works great. Kind of like erector set materials for mounting various things like transformers, ceiling mounted devices etc.

/ It's a Kubota not a Ferrari! #9  

Jon E or anyone. How are the R4s working out in heavy mud as in clay soils? Do they self clean as well as R1s?

That's all I have is clay! They work fine with good amount of ballast. However they definitly don't clean as well as R1's! If you need traction go with the r1's for sure! I'm not sure how else to qualify them but I've had experience with all 3 popular tire types and the ags win hands down for traction. Especially with the smaller tires you would find on a B series. Some times the r4's will load up with heavy clay and stay that way until I get on dryer ground. The r4's were a compromise for me. However, I like the durabilaty of the r4's better in rocky or otherwise nasty areas where you could get a flat from debris.