It's been great !

/ It's been great ! #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
It's been great getting to know all of you guys on here. I've learned a lot and spent a many nights reading the antics on this forum. I will continue to check in from time to time. I hope you guys will still say hey, if I stop by to chat. ;)

I found a steel deal, on a Kubota BX 1500 with loader and very low hours. I just couldn't pass it up so it's on its way. I really loved my PT 180 and appreciate all the support I got on this forum.

I thought with winter coming on, I would try out a diesel with hydro transmission. The diesel should have much lower gas cost.

This twin diesel engine from what I've read is equal to a 25 hp gas engine in power. Don't be surprised if somewhere down the road I end buying another PT 422 or 425. Just thought I would jump over to the dark side for a while. :)

/ It's been great ! #2  
Good luck with the 'bota. Remember to buy off road diesel if it's available locally and save yourself some coin.

Say, would that BX1500 be available for MR's challenge cup? :rolleyes:

/ It's been great ! #3  
Barryh said:
It's been great getting to know all of you guys on here. I've learned a lot and spent a many nights reading the antics on this forum. I will continue to check in from time to time. I hope you guys will still say hey, if I stop by to chat. ;)

I found a steel deal, on a Kubota BX 1500 with loader and very low hours. I just couldn't pass it up so it's on its way. I really loved my PT 180 and appreciate all the support I got on this forum.

I thought with winter coming on, I would try out a diesel with hydro transmission. The diesel should have much lower gas cost.

This twin diesel engine from what I've read is equal to a 25 hp gas engine in power. Don't be surprised if somewhere down the road I end buying another PT 422 or 425. Just thought I would jump over to the dark side for a while. :)

If you may have already mentioned it, who bought your 180? Be sure to get them on this forum.
Best of luck to you.
PJ

/ It's been great ! #4  
Barryh said:

Good luck with the dark side. I suspect you will miss your 180 so much that your neighbor will be tired of you borrowing it. Still, you will be a good complement to your neighbors capabilities. Now I wish I had not talked you out of the PT422. This will be a good case to compare CUT to PT. Let us know how it works out.

/ It's been great !
SnowRidge said:
Good luck with the 'bota. Remember to buy off road diesel if it's available locally and save yourself some coin.

Say, would that BX1500 be available for MR's challenge cup? :rolleyes:
I'll have to check into that thanks for the tip. This is the first diesel I've owned. Never know about that challenge. Since I sold the 180 to my neighbor next door, we may have our own challenge cup. ;) He's already put the 180 to work. There are now 4 large piles of dirt in front of his house where he's shaving and leveling his yard out and he has a couple of projects planned for around back. So far he describes the 180 as assume.. I'm glad he's happy with it.

The wife tells me the only reason I bought the tractor was because he now had one and I didn't. She says I only wanted another one so I could ride over back and fourth and talk to him instead of walking. This won't be my last tractor. I may drive it around for a year and then trade up to something more powerful :D ;)

With winter coming on I just couldn't hold out till spring, and with the deal I got along with low hours. I can turn around in a year and sale it for as much or more than I paid. I may still end up with another PT. I like all tractors / machines period. ;)

/ It's been great !
pajoube said:
If you may have already mentioned it, who bought your 180? Be sure to get them on this forum.
Best of luck to you.
PJ
Thanks PJ..

I sold it to my neighbor Nate. He's a hellava nice guy. I think he kind of got tractor fever watching me tool around on it during last winters snow storms and digging my pond out from across the yard. We have a small woods separating us but, when the leaves are down we can see each other.

I did alright on the sale, and he got a good strong running PT. I gave him the link to this forum. He has been reading and figuring out who is who and what is what. ;) Guess he will post when he's ready.

/ It's been great !
BobRip said:
Good luck with the dark side. I suspect you will miss your 180 so much that your neighbor will be tired of you borrowing it. Still, you will be a good complement to your neighbors capabilities. Now I wish I had not talked you out of the PT422. This will be a good case to compare CUT to PT. Let us know how it works out.
Thanks Bob,

It will be kind of fun comparing the two and there different capabilities.You didn't talk me out of anything I still love a PT. In a year or so I may end up with another one who knows.

You know I still have that PT do it yourself mentality, so you know I'll be out in my garage trying out new things with this BX. I've already started hunting down and checking out 3 point attachments, also wondering how to up the loader lift larger cylinders etc.

Thoughts of how I could make some kind of make shift Mini Hoe for this machine.
My brain will be in over time for at least another year. ;)

/ It's been great ! #8  
Barryh said:
I found a steel deal, on a Kubota BX 1500 with loader and very low hours. I just couldn't pass it up so it's on its way.

NOOOOoo...

Just kidding! :D Kubotas are great machines and you will be very impressed with that little workhorse.

/ It's been great !
MossRoad said:
NOOOOoo...

Just kidding! :D Kubotas are great machines and you will be very impressed with that little workhorse.
Time will tell...As the terminator would say, Olllwllll Be Back! :D

/ It's been great !
BobRip said:
Seriously if you guys are really interested in a comparison. I can bring this thread or should I say Moss Roads other thread on CUT vs PT back to the top over the next year or so. You know with me, it would be an honest comparison and I would be fair, as I like PT's as much as you do.

Not to say I won't like my Kubota. I'm sure I will like both machines. I figure the 180 and little BX would pretty close apples to apples comparison. And of course my neighbor Nate next door, does watch this forum so if he disagreed I'm sure he would jump in here. ;)

By the way Mr Bob, Nate had told me a number of times before I found the Kubota. I know where the keys are anytime I wanted to use the 180 for snow removel or anything else.