It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not)

/ It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not) #301  
The best way to prevent dementia is regular physical activity, or rather one of the big predictors of dementia is a sedentary lifestyle. As you age, if you don't stay active you will lose the ability to be active.
Maybe slows it down...

The reason I say this is mom has had memory problems for a longtime...

She is 88 but stepped down from 25 years as Charge RN at 62 because she did not feel as sharp...

More than happy to come in and help and did so for many years.

At 75 still running marathons and a year ago at 87 still going for 6 mile trail walks but you know it's not good when she asks me if I have seen her son and I say I am her son... have seen me...

The excellent health and years of setting records in 50 and even running 100 mile races could not stop the memory going...

Sad to be in such good shape with no meds but asking me to take her to grandma who passed in 1988.

/ It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not) #302  
Maybe slows it down...

The reason I say this is mom has had memory problems for a longtime...

She is 88 but stepped down from 25 years as Charge RN at 62 because she did not feel as sharp...

More than happy to come in and help and did so for many years.

At 75 still running marathons and a year ago at 87 still going for 6 mile trail walks but you know it's not good when she asks me if I have seen her son and I say I am her son... have seen me...

The excellent health and years of setting records in 50 and even running 100 mile races could not stop the memory going...

Sad to be in such good shape with no meds but asking me to take her to grandma who passed in 1988.
Genetics has a lot to do with it too, but if you have clean genes dementia is not inevitable.

/ It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not) #303  
I'm thinking so many things, dementia, diabetes, heart disease, covid, etc. the puzzle pieces are there but the medical community needs to put the pieces together...connect the dots for knowing cause/treatment/prevention.

/ It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not) #304  
I'm thinking so many things, dementia, diabetes, heart disease, covid, etc. the puzzle pieces are there but the medical community needs to put the pieces together...connect the dots for knowing cause/treatment/prevention.
Diabetes and heart disease both are low hanging fruit when it comes to prevention thankfully.

/ It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not) #305  
In looking at SS income for filing taxes I see after 2020 W-2 posted I got a $20 a month increase and $17 increase after 2021 W-2 posted over and above COLA's.

When I signed up at age 70 in 2021 I was told my SS payment would be recomputed automatically when a new W-2 arrives to my SS account.

The 2020 W-2 would have kicked out a $570 W-2 and and the 2021 W-2 would have kicked out a $1258 W-2 year when they compute the average of our best 35 year average. A 1970 W-2 $$$ amount will be inflation adjusted before being put into our best 35 years for example.

This is another way how working after FRA can boost Life Time SS benefits for those with low part time earning due to school, etc from 50 years ago and help offset some inflation losses today.

mySocialSecurity site has all of our W-2 history.

/ It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not) #306  
   / It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not) #307  
It can definitely be confusing trying to navigate the different Medicare plans available in your area. It's important to carefully consider the options and choose a plan that meets your needs and budget. Some things to consider when comparing plans are the premiums, copays, and coverage for the services you need. It can also be helpful to look into non-medical coverage options like dental and vision, which can be important for maintaining overall health and well-being. It's a good idea to use resources like What does a $5-$10 Million Dollar life insurance policy cost in 2022? to compare plans side by side and make an informed decision. You can try other sources too. Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
   / It's Time For Medicare (whether I want it or not) #308  
^^^^^^Ummmmmmm.