I've picked up a Bad Habit.

/ I've picked up a Bad Habit. #1  

Adiredneck

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3400DT, Kubota L5240
I have noticed that when I am using my loader, I have a tendency to put a little pressure on the lever so that the relief valve hisses. Most of the time, it's when I have a full load in the bucket or on the forks. Gotta stop doing that. Will it weaken the pressure relief valve over time?

/ I've picked up a Bad Habit. #2  
I have noticed that when I am using my loader, I have a tendency to put a little pressure on the lever so that the relief valve hisses. Most of the time, it's when I have a full load in the bucket or on the forks. Gotta stop doing that. Will it weaken the pressure relief valve over time?

Don't know, but it proably ain't good..I back off of mine when I hear that.

It's a better habit than sniffing glue though.

/ I've picked up a Bad Habit. #3  
I do this and have for years when digging or loading from a pile and I haven't had problems yet and a couple of my tractors are pretty old. I am not recommending it, it is just hard to keep from doing; well for me anyway.

/ I've picked up a Bad Habit. #4  
Found myself doing it pushing snow last winter. Mentally wanting to always be ready for the next lift, tilt or drop, I guess. I have tried to break myself of it as well. We'll see next winter.:)

/ I've picked up a Bad Habit. #5  
The hardest habit I have ever had to break is the desire to pull harder on the BH levers when I am really digging in tough stuff.:laughing:

/ I've picked up a Bad Habit.
I developed Meniere's disease last year. I can hear out of one ear, and the other rings at varying levels all of the time. I don't hear the whine when I have my hand on the FEL lever until I come to a stop and the engine idles down. I used the loader tonight and made a conscious effort NOT to do it. I think I can train myself not to do it with time.

It reminds me of when I first got the tractor, I always wanted to have my foot on the clutch.