James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #21  
Here's a ongoing track of it's voyage. Some very detailed information. Awesome stuff. Note the travel speed.

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #22  
It was doing about a mile per second but it has slowed to 0.65 miles/sec and will deploy a sunscreen soon. It is already 1/3 the distance to its destination. At the lower speeds, it will still take a while.

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #23  
Yeah, it's slowed 15% or so since yesterday.

I'm anxious for it to start reporting temps.

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #24  
Being that it is working against both the sun's and earth's gravitational pull, the hope is it will stop about where they want it to stay (L2).

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #26  
Being that it is working against both the sun's and earth's gravitational pull, the hope is it will stop about where they want it to stay (L2).
In my readings I recall some sort of rocket fire to establish orbit. That's another 26 days out.

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #27  
Saw someone on YT stating it was pretty cheap too. Said its cost was equivalent to a 1$ cup of coffee per day for everyone in the states for like 10 years or something. Should have built two at that price. ;)

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #28  
Saw someone on YT stating it was pretty cheap too. Said its cost was equivalent to a 1$ cup of coffee per day for everyone in the states for like 10 years or something. Should have built two at that price. ;)
I don't mind paying for something that has a return. We've advanced ourselves tremendously thru NASA.

Way better pay out than tax subsidized windmills or obsolete solar farms.

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #29  
I dunno...a solar farm or wind farm starts paying off as soon as it is on line. This $10 Billion telescope is going to do what for us?

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #30  
I dunno...a solar farm or wind farm starts paying off as soon as it is on line. This $10 Billion telescope is going to do what for us?
A solar farm/wind farm starts paying off who?

Our knowledge of the universe is paramount to our long term success as a specie on this planet.